In Menu Monday

Menu Monday

Sunday: Spaghetti 
A few months ago I got the biggest spaghetti craving and decided to try my hand at homemade spaghetti sauce. It is so.dang.good. I am really amazed at myself haha

Anna-Grace's Spaghetti Sauce
Caramelize one whole onion with olive oil 
Add in 4 cloves of chopped garlic
Add in 1 lb of turkey and ground with the onions
Pour in one can of tomato sauce
Pour in one can of San Marzano tomatoes (**Make sure you get this kind!!)
Add salt and pepper to taste 
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon of sugar (**Secret ingredient! SOO yummy)
Simmer for 45 minutes to thicken and serve over pasta

Best Part - leftovers!! (I was out of spaghetti noodles, I used shells!)


Monday: Hogs in a Hammock & Pineapple
I know you're probably thinking.. what the what!? These are the easiest thing on the planet to make and so dang good. They are hot dogs (we get the cheese filled) wrapped in crescent rolls - so instead of a pig in a blanket, it's a hog in a hammock haha (name coined by my goofy husband). Because these are a little sinful, we are pairing them with a side of fresh cut pineapple!



Tuesday: Cod and Couscous 
Gotta have some fish every week. If AJ would let me, we would have fish every stinkin night. A great carb to pair fish with is couscous. Couscous is easy made from scratch or with a pre-made seasoning like this brand. You really can't tell the difference, so we give the thumb of approval to this quick and easy side!



Wednesday: Pork Loin and Salad
We eat a whole lot of pork in this house. It's inexpensive, quick and so tasty! We buy the plain pork loin, but you can get them pre-seasoned at the grocery store. $5 for a quality meat that two can share is always a win in my book!!


Thursday: AJ's Birthday Dinner! 
Thursday is AJ's birthday and he was so easy on me this year.. When I asked him what he wanted to do for his birthday dinner this year, all he wanted was a Ruth's Chris steak. Done and done. Easy peasy! I suppose he does need a little low key celebration this year, because I surprised him with a Vegas trip last year!

Throwback to AJ's birthday dinner last year at Mesa Grille in Cesar's Palace


Friday: Southern Themed Dinner Party
We are hosting our first dinner party in our new apartment Friday night! I have had it planned for almost a month and SO excited it's here! Because our guests are mostly from California and New York, AJ and I wanted to prepare a true Southern meal. I tried to pick as many things I could prepare before hand so I'm not running around like a chicken with my head cut off on Friday afternoon.

Here is what's on the menu: 
Appetizers - Pimento & Cheese and Texas Caviar
Main - Fried Chicken 
Sides - Broccoli Casserole and Potato Salad
Dessert - Key Lime Cake 


xoxo, 

Related Articles

1 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see pics from your dinner party! 😊

    ReplyDelete