In Birthdays Maddie Jane Month by Month

Maddie Jane is TWO!!


Today is a very, very special day in the Pryor house - Maddie Jane is TWO! I cannot even begin to explain how incredibly fast these two years have flown by. I swear I was just at the UCLA hospital yesterday welcoming this sweet ball of energy into the world. She has thankfully been our easy going child and has adapted to all the crazy changes we have thrown at her. She has changed homes (and states!), changed schools, been on over 30 plane rides, slept in a bajillion different homes, beds, and hotel rooms. We are so so proud of her and her resilient self!

Birthday Questions
(This year I answered them for her, but next year I will let her do it on her own :))
My favorite TV show: Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
My favorite color: Pink
My favorite toy: Her stuffed animal, Ping
When I grow up I want to be: the boss, ha!
My favorite book: Love You Forever
My favorite movie: The Grinch
My favorite food: ice cream
My favorite animal: Elephants!!
My best friend: Maggie


She is very strong willed and definitely will let you know when her mind is made up. We are working around that by making her think the things we need to do are totally HER idea! She loves having Molly to boss around, and tries to keep up with the big kids in her life too. She is starting to form some pretty strong opinions about her clothes and hair.. if it was up to her she would wear her Minnie Mouse dress, her red polka dot shoes, and her ginormous white bow every single day. (And NO jacket Mom! Are you crazy!?) She plays HARD and never slows down, and I guess that's why sleeps 7pm to 7am solid, pretty much every night.

Maddie Jane's Stats
Height: 33.7 inches (50th percentile)
Weight: 24.7 pounds (46th percentile) 
Head: 19 inches (78th percentile)
Sorry for giving you that melon baby girl! 
Diapers: Size 5
Shoes: Size 6 
Clothes: 18-24 months and some 2t


The first year of her life, Maddie Jane was not a "hold me" baby and now she gives alllll the snuggles. Her favorite place is cuddled up beside me in the mornings with her milk. She loves giving hugs and kisses (even to complete strangers, ha!) When we are at the grocery store or a restaurant she is going to say hey to every single person we walk by. We always tell her she should be a greeter at Wal Mart, ha! She loves her baby doll from Gigi and will pat her on the back saying "Shh, shh baby.." She could "rock, rock" for hours if you just keep reading her books. She loves being outside and exploring. She will sprint out the door if you turn your head -- straight to her tiny tikes car saying BBYYYEEE and blowing kisses.


Maddie Jane is the life of the party. She is a dancing, twirling, singing fool. She is finally starting to string words together and every single little sentence makes my heart beam with pride. "Tank you Mama" "Dada,  you all done? more?" "Maaeeee NO NO, go ou-side!" Her favorite food is by far ice cream, would eat every single day if we let her. (And sometimes we do, oops!) She knows where everything is in our pantry (and other peoples' too!) and will happily help herself. She loves a good condiment like her Mama and will request to "dip dip!" I'd say she is a Mama's girl but definitely notices if AJ has been on a trip, or missed a couple mornings getting ready because he's at work and then she will CRAVE her Dada time.


Oh Maddie Jane we love you SO MUCH. We are so incredibly proud to be your parents. We love your free spirit and how things run in your own little world. With every little tiny word that comes out of your mouth I fall more in love with you sweet child. Keep being you baby girl, the world needs a little more spunk :)

And here is a big ole photo drop of some of my favorite pictures from the last year with our sweet girl! Man oh man the ones I chose capture her personality to a tee! 
































And it all started right here... On Monday, November 30, 2015 at 6:36am PST in Los Angeles, CA. She weighed 5 lbs, 11 oz and was 18 inches long. You can read all about her birth story HERE.

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment