In Father's Day Weekends

Weekend Wrap Up - Cassidy's Trip to LA!

This weekend one of my bestest friends Cassidy came into town!! We have been friends since we were teeny tiny - from church musicals, endless gymnastics practices/meets/camps, high school cheerleading and now figuring out adult life together. She is the sweetest girl in the world and I am so, so lucky to call her mine! 

Friday evening we picked her up from LAX and headed down to Manhattan Beach for dinner. We ate at one of my favorite spots - Fish Bar. Love, love the sleepiness of Manhattan Beach.. crazy that it's just a few miles from LA. 


And like I said.. she is the SWEETEST person ever. How stinkin thoughtful of her to bring me grits!? 


Saturday morning we stopped by the Grove, checked out the Farmer's Market, then headed over to Hollywood Blvd. I have been here a bajillion times and somehow have missed the Harry Potter and Twilight hand/foot prints. So cool! 


For lunch we went to one of my favorite spots.. Joan's on 3rd. Love their yummy salad trio! 


Next stop.. Rodeo drive for some window shopping and people watching.


While we were at the Grove, I got AJ his absolute favorite Sprinkles cupcakes for Father's Day.


And some more colorful dress socks to add to the collection. (LOVE that he wears crazy socks with his boring suits to make things more fun!)


After a quick rest, we headed downtown to the Dodgers game. I was SUPER pumped for my first Dodger game .. actually more so for this Dodger dog.. 


My first ever selfie stick action.. 


Dodgers lost (and of course won on Sunday when we weren't there) but it was SUCH a good time! 


Sunday morning we headed down to Santa Monica.. a little beach time, checked out the pier, and walked 3rd Street Promenade. 


We had lunch, did a little shopping, then took a nice nap before we headed over to the Getty. I had never been here, but knew Cassidy was always up for whatever. Art is not necessarily our thing (we had more fun making fun of stuff that appreciating it, oops) but there were some great views!


We took a scenic drive through Brentwood, the Palisades, and up the PCH to this super cute restaurant Reel Inn. I had seen it on a drive before and have been wanting to try it ever since. 


It so reminds me of Herbs from back home.. love the laid back atmosphere and super fresh seafood. We will absolutely be going back!!


This pup LOVED having Cassidy in town too! We are both pooped after such an eventful weekend!
4 days till vacation!!!! ahhh


xoxo, 

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment