In Menu Monday Recipes Weekends

Weekend Wrap Up and Menu Monday

My weekend started out GREAT when I received this super cute package of chocolate covered strawberries from Beverly. I was just talking to her that morning about my strawberry cravings, and what do you know.. I get this at my office! I seriously have the best group of girlfriends. I talk almost daily with them back in Georgia. Lord, PLEASE let AJ get a job back in the south. I need these girls back in my life!! 


When I got home Friday I was going to do laundry.. but I ended up doing this for 3 hours until AJ got home with take out. Oh well.. 


Saturday we went to FIVE maternity places on the hunt for maternity work pants. Let me tell ya.. the options are SLIM. Everywhere has tons of stretchy work out pants and maxi dresses, but nothing professional. What are the working mom's of the world supposed to do!? We finally found a pair of nice dress pants, so I got them in both colors they carried. 

I had been thinking about a Coke Icee and Hershey's pie from Burger King all week. Thankfully at the third mall we went to, I got to fulfill this craving!! My mom and I use to get this little duo all the time - SO GOOD.


After some not so great days this past week, AJ suggested we go on a date night. Of course we have been out to some casual meals, but nothing special since before I was pregnant. We headed to my favorite restaurant in LA, Bazaar, at a ridiculously early hour so this mama could go to bed. It was SO nice to get dressed up and spend some quality time with my favorite guy.


After maternity clothes shopping and grocery shopping and date night, most of Sunday was spent like this.. Molly and I slept a LOT while AJ worked 495894 hours on Physics stuff. He is giving a talk to another department and presenting his orals, so he is in super perfection mode right now. So glad I can always count on this one to nap with me :) 



Meal Plan Monday - 06.08.15
Trying out some new stuff this week mixed in with some tried and true. Links to most of the recipes are above the pictures. As you'll see, I have been wanting a lot of my childhood favorites. Hope you enjoy your week and this inspires you to get in the kitchen! 

Sunday - Steak and Twice Baked Potatoes
AJ cooked me a fillet and himself a bone-in rib eye. (And don't worry, that center is very warm and cooked through!) I made twice baked potatoes to go with - this so reminds me of my childhood. Every time we would have guests over my mom would make twice baked potatoes. They are so yummy and comforting - you can find the recipe HERE.


Monday - Taco Lasagna
I saw this recipe on Pinterst (from the super cute blog, The Girl Who Ate Everything) and had to give it a try. So many of my favorite things wrapped in one - pasta, meet, cheese and sour cream!! This makes quite a lot, so AJ will get some yummy leftovers for lunch the next day or two. You can find the recipe HERE. 


Tuesday - Cheeseburgers and Cole Slaw
 I can remember my mom grilling burgers for dinner when I was a kid ALL the time. Unfortunately, we cannot have grills on our balcony, but I did get AJ a new grill pan for the stove a few weeks ago. I am excited to have this meal this week, paired with yet another craving, coleslaw. I have been wanting KFC coleslaw for weeks now, but the store bought Kroger brand will have to do.. 

(This is from our 09 beach trip.. have I mentioned how ready I am to go back to the beach!?)

Wednesday - Black Bean Cakes & Mango Salsa
This is a tried and true in the Pryor house. The black bean cakes are sorta healthy and definitely a cost saver. And they taste amazing with AJ's mango salsa and a big dollop of sour cream. If we need a little something extra, I will cook some rice to set the cakes on top. Check out AJ's salsa recipe - it's SO much better than the store bought stuff. 

AJ's Mango Salsa Recipe
1 mango diced
Juice of 3 limes
1/2 of raw red onion diced
1 tblsp of sugar
1/4 cup of chopped cilantro

Thursday - Sloppy Joe's and Fruit
Whenever I buy hamburger buns, I try to incorporate another bun meal in the menu so nothing goes to waste. I've never made sloppy joe's from scratch, but this shouldn't be too hard right? I'm using this recipe HERE that calls for ground turkey instead of ground beef. This recipe is going on Thursday (aka Farmer's Market day!!) so we will be pairing the joe's with some fresh fruit. 



xoxo,

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment