In Menu Monday Pregnancy Weekends

Weekend + Menu

Both Thursday and Friday night it was IMPERATIVE to my life that I eat Cesar salad. So happy Baby P is wanting at least semi-healthy things these days. We ordered from LaMonica's pizza and holy cow. The best pizza of my life. It's a little hole in the wall place, but that's where all the good stuff normally comes from right? 


I made through 3/4 of one episode of Orange is the New Black before falling asleep. Apparently pregnant ladies are not cut out for Netflix binges.. 


So Saturday was... interesting. I booked a hair appointment at a local cosmetology school because I HATE paying LA prices to get my hair done. AJ questioned me if it was really worth saving the money and having to sit there for four hours while the instructor checks a million times and taking the risk of them messing up.. but I was determined not to spend money. So I get there and I wait for 45 MINUTES before someone finally comes to take me back. (ALSO during this time I feel like poop with this big ole belly and I'm pacing so I won't pass out, but no one will get up and offer me a seat.) So I'm mad times two. I get to the seat and the girl wants to me to pick out a hair swatch.. uhh we are not painting walls here, I need you to match it up to my hair!! And then her instructor comes over and wants me to sign a waiver saying my hair might not match up.. I was DONE. I really wish I had a video of me stomping out of that place in my hormonal rage. #ineedachillpill 

So I left and called a salon my coworker goes to and got an appointment that afternoon because I waited my entire first trimester to color my hair and I have roots 5 inches long and I needed my hair done THAT DAY dangit. 


So the hair stylist Stella at Umberto Salon was lovely. And we had great conversation and my hair looks amazeballs, and I didn't pay THAT much. Lesson learned. (Side note: please look at all that I need to take with me these days, iPad, huge water, multiple snacks.. I need a bigger purse! hint hint Hubby :))


After the hair appointment I head over to David's Bridal where they tell me they do not carry maternity dresses in store. They are only online and they take 5 months to get here and they are nonreturnable and nonrefundable. Alrightyyy I just have a beach ball for a tummy that I'm pretty unfamiliar with and I have no clue how big I'll be in November.. but yeah. Let me just go order that now. Hormonal rage ensue yet again. 

So next stop.. the grocery store. Really, I love grocery shopping. If anyone wants to pay me to do their shopping, I would seriously consider it as a career. So I was looking forward to this.. Until I get to the breakfast aisle. I have been wanting grits all week since we ran out. And I look all over this aisle with a BAJILLION types of oatmeal and not one single box of grits. Finally I find ONE box on the bottom shelf.. a brand I've never heard of complete with a good layer of dust.. And they aren't the instant kind, so I have no clue how to cook them (as a Southern woman, I probably shouldn't say that..). SOS - for the love of sweet baby Jesus, someone send me grits.. ACTUALLY let's just get back to the south ASAP. 


Sunday morning we headed over to Culver City for some brunch. We stumbled across this super cute place that was Southern inspired. AJ got pimento and cheese steak scramble and I got a super yummy BLT. It was like God was sending me a little piece of home after my terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. Love when stuff like that happens and so thankful for my husband who is a SAINT for dealing with me :) 


The rest of Sunday we ran a couple errands and I napped. That night we had a GREAT meal of cubed steak, rice and gravy (AJ's first time cooking cubed steak, and it turned out so well!!) And all while watching more Orange.. We got through 4 episodes this weekend, when normally we would watch an entire season! Oh well.. more time to hang out together :) 


I ended my weekend getting the BEST call from one of my bestest friends in the world that she is engaged!! Me and Kelley met in a hallway freshman year at UGA. I will forever be thankful that day she struck up a conversation with me and I am SO stinkin happy for her!! She deserves all the happiness in the world! And look at that rock! Wowza.



Menu Monday 
We ended up not eating the sloppy joes from last week because of my salad craving, and we have a bunch of stuff in the cabinet/fridge that I need to get rid of... so kinda boring this week. But here's what we're having! 

Sunday: Cubed Steak, Rice and Gravy
Monday: Cheeseburgers
Tuesday: Chicken Cesar Salad
Wednesday: Chicken Quesadilla
Thursday: Breakfast for Dinner


xoxo,

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment