In Baylor Hump Day Bump Day Pregnancy

Baby #2!!


If you don't follow me on social media, we announced last night we are expecting baby #2!! It has been a bumpy road getting to this point, and we are so incredibly thankful to have reached the end of the first trimester with our sweet baby boy. 

I wrote a blog back HERE on my 29th birthday detailing our struggles. On that day I had a D&C and we weren't quite sure what was going to happen next on our road to baby #2. My doctor said no umm.. activity for two weeks, and we wouldn't be doing fertility meds for at least three months. I was pretty upset initially, but AJ and I discussed it and I made peace with it. We had a big trip to Europe planned for December and it was probably best that we hold off on the fertility stuff till we were more settled in our new home. And well if something happened naturally.. awesome! 

So after my two week checkup, I was cleared for activity and we were smack dab in the middle of our move to Charlotte. I had boxes to unpack and a new house to decorate, so I welcomed the distractions. I had a business trip to Atlanta the first week of November and I decided to take a test on a whim before I left. I was staying with Beverly and then Kelley, so I knew lots of wine drinking would happen. And low and behold, 5 weeks after my D&C, I was pregnant again!! AJ and I sat in the bathroom floor and cried and prayed over our little miracle. We were in complete shock that we had been able to get pregnant again so quickly. 

I did another test when I got to Atlanta juuuust to make sure.

I called my doc in Atlanta and did an HCG test to confirm. My numbers were higher than they ever were with my previous pregnancy. And then did another test 48 hours later at an Urgent Care in Charlotte (I couldn't find an obgyn that would see me.. long story for another day..) My HCG numbers more than doubled and we all breathed a sigh of relief. I was able to get in with an obgyn at week 7 and we saw the first glimpse of our tiny little babe. AJ was stuck in a work meeting, but I was able to FaceTime him just for a second. I cried and cried on that exam table.. All our prayers had been answered. 


Our doctor won't do blood test for the sex, so we researched and found an at-home blood test kit that boasts 99.9% accuracy. I did it right before we left for Europe knowing we would get an email a few days later. We were in the middle of dinner in Budapest when the email popped up on my watch. That was theeeee longest dinner of my life, waiting to get back to the room to find out the results. We sat together and clicked on the email, and all my suspicions were confirmed.. it's a BOY! AJ cried, I did a little dance, and we hopped online to order gifts for our moms to tell them at Christmas. 

So.. needless to say, all of this is why I have been so absent from blogging. I have barely been able to work, keep a house clean, run the 5 billion errands this family always seems to have, take care of a three year old and husband and keep myself upright. BUT I think the glorious light of the second trimester is going to shine down on me SOON! I laugh hysterically thinking that I did the little questionnaire weekly with Maddie Jane. I MIGHT do this 5 times through this pregnancy.. but here's to starting off on the right foot! 


How far along? 12 weeks, 4 days

Baby's size? 2.5 inches, a large plum

Milestone? Most of baby's systems are fully formed.. now to grow, grow, grow! 

Maternity clothes? I know some people like to stay in their regular clothes as long as possible.. but no way jose for me. I busted out those maternity jeans at 8 weeks. I'm not going to be uncomfortable.. 

Stretch marks? Nope

Sleep? Pretty good. Of course the multiple bathroom trips every night happen. I'm taking B6 and half a unisom at night for my nausea, so I think that helps with the sleep some.. 

Symptoms? So nauseated. With Maddie Jane, I felt roooouuugh in the mornings, but could usually get it under control by 9am. With this little guy, I am nauseated all.day.long. Night time is probably the worst for me. But I'm starting to see an improvement. And hoping magic week 13 next week is going to be glorious. In the beginning I was extremely tired, but I'm starting to get a little more pep in my step.

Best moment this week? Hearing baby boy's heart beat at the doctor yesterday! And then telling the world our little secret! 

Miss Anything? Deli meat.. I crave ham sandwiches daily. Sushi... Missed drinking during the holidays with all the festive drinks.. 

Movement? Nope. I went back and checked and I felt MJ around week 14, so I'm anxiously awaiting that!! 

Food cravings? apple sauce, fruit, chips, french fries

Anything making you queasy or sick? Meat and eggs. I've asked AJ to cook dinner outside on the grill or at least with the door open. It all smells so awful. The only meat I'm really liking these days is chicken nuggets.. 

Have you started to show yet? Yes. I popped out pretty early just like I did with MJ. I think I'm about to the point where people can tell and not just wonder if I'm chunky.. 

Gender? BOY!

Labor Signs? heck no

Belly Button in or out? totally in

Wedding rings on or off? On. Actually falling off. My lack of an appetite has caused me to lose weight

Happy or Moody most of the time? Happy.. but tired. 

Looking forward to? Sharing (some of) this journey with you guys. We have been trying to make Baby #2 a reality for over a year now and we are OVER the moon. Understandably, I have been a little anxious to get through this "dangerous" first trimester.  I'm trying not to stress too much and praying for a healthy baby come July! 

Related Articles

1 comments:

  1. Golly! I'm so excited for you + your family! I hope you continue to do these posts - so fun! Congrats on your little blessing.

    ReplyDelete