In Menu Monday Weekends

The weekend and the menu..

For awhile I had been planning that this weekend was going to be our bathroom deep clean weekend.Of course I clean it every few days, but never scrubbing each groove of the shower or taking a toothbrush to the baseboards. Well this guy doesn't like having ANY tasks hanging over his head, so he got started right away on Friday afternoon. Ladies.. do NOT marry a man unless they treat you this well!! At 8 months pregnant, I can not handle the labor or the fumes and this soon to be Daddy is helping me with all of my nesting To Do's.. GEM I tell ya. He is a complete GEM. 


After our enthralling cleaning adventures, we ordered some take out and snuggled up on the couch Friday night. Saturday morning started bright and early with GT football which didn't exactly end the way we hoped.. for the 5th week in a row.. After errands and grocery shopping, I whipped up some Halloween Oreo cheesecakes to pep Age up before the UGA game. Awful game, but we came out with a W.. Football is going to give me a heart attack or make me go into labor.. or BOTH!


Sunday we had lunch at this cute German spot in Venice and did a little shopping on Abbott Kinney. I was hoping to find some kind of junk that I could revitalize for the nursery (think old chandelier..) but we came away empty handed. 


The only place where I can get my acid re flux under control is the nursery chair. It has a very straight up back that won't let me slouch. So.. I'm spending a LOT of time in there and what better way than with a new Netflix series?? So many of my friends have told me I have to watch Friday Night Lights. So I'm 3 episodes in and have cried during every single one. I LOVE it .. hoping it will last me through at least part of my maternity leave and those late night feeding sessions. 



Menu - October 18-22
I normally make the menu on Thursday or Friday to prep for my weekly shopping trip on Saturday. However, I was super busy and uninspired last week, so I decided to wing it. I'm def not a fan of going to the store without a plan.. you end up buying stuff you don't need! I cheeked what was on sale and came up with some things I could stomach. A little repetitive, but we will have dinner on the table every night! 

Sunday: Homemade Chicken Nuggets & Asparagus
AJ makes some amazing homemade chicken nuggets.. he does a simple breading and pops them in the fryer. I am still trying so hard to be health conscious, so I paired these with some fresh asparagus. 

Monday: Shrimp Cocktail & Ranch Potatoes
AJ will flash cook and chill the shrimp while I whip together ranch potatoes. Ranch potatoes are super easy.. dice up a few rustic potatoes and cover them with a ranch seasoning pack, olive oil and salt/pepper.

Tuesday: Chicken Parmesan
Not healthy in the least bit.. we are having breaded chicken over pasta with my homemade tomato sauce and cheese. So glutinous but all I want is carbs, carbs, carbs!! 

Wednesday: Shrimp Alfredo
Shrimp was on sale for $5/lb this week(compared to $13!), so we are having it twice! And I'm not complaining one bit. AJ will give them a quick sear and place on top of a bed of fettuccine with alfredo sauce. 

Thursday: Steak Salad w/Roasted Corn
Enough with the carbs! Finally ending the week with a nice salad topped with roasted corn, seared steak and vinaigrette. 



xoxo, 


Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment