In Menu Monday Recipes Weekends

Weekend Wrap Up - Menu Monday

Friday night, we were both exhausted from a looonng, intense week of work. We ordered in Chinese food and vegged out on the couch. 

And Saturday.. ugh. I really don't even want to put up this picture because I'm hoping to just erase Saturday from my memory. Let's just pretend the Bama game never even happened.. At least #3, 6, 7, AND 8 teams lost to help the sting of losing a little bit.. 


Sunday AJ had to work in the lab so I got some projects done around the house I had been neglecting. Like finally hanging our degrees in the bedroom.. And cleaning.. so much cleaning. YUCK


I found some great stuff at World Market!! One precious gold thing for the nursery that I will show once it's all done. And this mail holder and super cute A, M & A hooks. I have been wanting to have a "command center" at our door for the longest time to catch bags, mail and be the place for "what's going on this week" for AJ. LOVE it and so glad I finally go around to doing it.. 


And all the while.. Molly was snoozing.. She has tough life.. 



Weekly Menu - 10.5.15

Monday: Taco Soup
This weekend we had a "cool spell" in the high 60s/low 70s, so I had to take advantage and make soup! This recipe is insanely easy.. you literally just dump everything in the pot. The only thing I do differently is subtract a can of beans and add in a can of corn. SO yummy when you top it with cheese, sour cream and tortilla chips! And it makes a LOT, so we are having leftovers tonight for dinner. 
Recipe HERE.


Tuesday: Skinny Chicken Enchiladas
How this recipe is "skinny" is beyond me.. cream of chicken, sour cream, tons of cheese.. But thank goodness because it is one of AJ's favorites! I planned several meals this week that I can cook because AJ is supposed to have jury duty. (Which is downtown, which means he won't get home till LATE. Boo!)  
Recipe HERE.


Wednesday: Lemon Pepper Chicken with Risotto
Found this recipe on Pinterest last week and knew we had to try it. I could not find raw/unflavored risotto anywhere in the grocery store, so I guess I'm going to substitute with rice. I'll let you guys know how it is! 
Recipe HERE


Thursday: AJ Steak
Thursday night I have a Happy Hour to go to with work (wooo sparking water and lime) so AJ will be on his own for dinner. I picked him up a good looking NY strip steak at the grocery store (only $5!) and grabbed his go to side dish of cherry tomatoes (that he will marinate). 


Friday: Crab Cakes
I mentioned several weeks ago that AJ was going to try to make crab cakes out of canned crab. Well it turned out REALLY well. It was SO yummy that I had to add it into our favorites pile that gets recycled pretty often. Serving them with rice and homemade tartar sauce. 
Recipe HERE.

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment