In Pregnancy Travel Weekends

What a Weekend!!

Friday afternoon I headed to LAX and took a quick flight over to Phoenix for what I thought was going to be a day at the spa with my Aunt Denise on Saturday. Little did I know.. I walked in and she had planned a surprise baby shower for me!! 


This late night baby shower was complete with snacks, presents, a diaper cake AND surprise guests.. my mom and step sister!! I was absolutely floored when they walked in the door right behind me. I am never, ever surprised. I always have a little hint that something is going on, but I guess my mind has been a little preoccupied lately and they were able to pull one over on me! 


Saturday morning we headed out to our day at the spa. We went to the Spa at Montelucia (which is a part of the Omni in Scottsdale). It was ahhhmazing. 


How amazing of an aunt do I have to treat me to something so special!? Love, love, love her!



Now I've had a massages before, but never spent a whole day there. It was so nice to lounge in our bath robes, staring at gorgeous scenery and taking in all the amenities this HUGE spa had to offer. From lunch by the pool, to the sauna and whirl pools, to the tempurpedic beds in the nap room.. man oh man, it was fabulous. Best part of the day.. getting to lie on my stomach for the first time in months on their special maternity massage bed! 


Sunday morning Lindsey headed back to South Carolina and Mom and I were in route to LA. I haven't traveled with my mom in years!! It's always one of us flying to meet the other. So nice to have someone to chat with AND be in the exit row with a ton of leg space.. it's the little things! 


When we got home Molly Polly had her first BarkBox waiting on her in the mail. I have debated for over a year on getting her this little splurge and I am SO happy I did! It is seriously the cutest thing ever and has some quality toys/treats each month. 


She was PUMPED to check it all out and has been playing with these things nonstop. What's $20 a month for a happy pup?? 


Mom is here all week and we are doing ALL things Maddie Jane. The nursery will be complete this weekend, every baby item will be organized and ready for use and the hospital bags will be packed. I can't wait to show you guys the finish product!! 


*Side note, this is my 100th blog post! I can't believe I have had that many posts since starting this little thing back at the beginning of the year. I am consistently getting around 100 readers on each post. I'm not sure who you guys are, but thanks for reading!! I love being able to have my little online scrapbook and so happy I can provide our friends and family with an update on life. 


xoxo,

Related Articles

1 comments: