In Weekends

Weekend Wrap Up

Friday afternoon when I got off work it was FREEZING outside. And by freezing I mean like high 50s, but for California, that is frigid!! It felt like a very brisk fall day, so I hopped over to Starbucks and got a Caramel Apple Spice.


And I lit the fire when I got home.. this state has turned me into such a sissy! 


We very rarely order pizza, but I saw the Pizza Hut commercial for the two foot dipper pizza and I HAD to try it. This thing was GINORMOUS and only cost 12 bucks! It was pretty good, but I will stick to a regular pizza next time. 


Saturday morning we did the usual grocery shopping along with some much needed mopping and deep cleaning of the house. I have been enjoying my balcony plants so much, I picked up this guy at the grocery store to add to the collection. 


I received a movie theater gift card from my boss a few weeks ago, so we put it to use finally seeing Fast and Furious 8 Saturday afternoon. The end is quite a tear jerker.. they did a great job paying tribute to Paul Walker.


Age spent the rest of the afternoon working and I took a nap .. or two :) 


After dinner, I baked cookies, and by bake I pulled the pre-made dough out of the package and popped them in the oven. haha! Man oh man, there is something so incredibly perfect about warm cookies and a glass of milk! 


Sunday morning we celebrated our moms by having breakfast in bed! Age whipped up some more biscuits and gravy.. yummm. I absolutely hate that I couldn't be with my mom on Mother's Day for the second year in a row. We promised each other, next year we will be together!! 


After breakfast, we headed to church and it was Youth Sunday for Mother's Day. The youth handled every aspect of the service from the music, to the offering, to the preaching. My favorite part of the service, was their remix of Upton Funk to Jesus Funk. Some pretty talented (and funny!) kids at our church. 


After church, we went to our Motherless Mother's Day brunch at Seasons 52. The rest of the afternoon we napped, watched TV and enjoyed the MUCH better SoCal weather. So nice to have a quiet weekend in the mix of all of craziness. Next weekend, we're off to New York City! 




xoxo,

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment