In Weekends

Weekend Wrap Up - Mom's trip to LA!!

My mom and stepdad Chip came to Los Angeles this weekend and we had an AMAZING time. Did a little site seeing, and did a LOT of relaxing. I had Friday afternoon off for the holiday weekend, so we started out at Hollywood Blvd and the Walk of Fame. 


Chip had to snag a pic with Marilyn of course (and those nasty teeth)! 


Next stop was Griffith Observatory to see out over LA. 


Downtown LA from the hills. 


We headed home for a quick nap then it was off to The Grove for Umami Burger.


Post dinner Baby P rubbin :) 


A trip to The Grove isn't complete without Sprinkles Cupcakes!


Molly was SUPER pumped we got her a doggy cupcake too :) Gigi spoiled her so dang much this weekend. She is going to go on a diet, STAT! 


The next morning we headed down to Santa Monica. We checked out the farmers market, had lunch at Tender Greens, did a little shopping on Third Street Promenade and then hit up the pier. 



More naps all around were needed, so we headed on home. Before dinner, AJ made blackberry mojitos (a mocktail for me) and I finally got my spinach dip craving fixed! (AND mom bought me this cute orchid for the dining room table!)


Saturday night we went to Malibu for dinner at Moon Shadows. We haven't ventured up to Malibu much because we didn't want to pay for the uber all the way up there. Now that AJ has a built in DD, we will absolutely be going more often! It is GORGEOUS and there are several ocean side restaurants I want to try out. 



Pup Molly spent just a HALF day at daycare, and literally couldn't move the rest of the night.


Sunday we did a LOT of TV watching, book reading and napping. I made spaghetti for dinner and then got to enjoy someone else cleaning the kitchen!


Monday morning, Chip flew back to Georgia so I got a day with just my mom! I toasted some bagels and chopped up some festive red/white/blue fruit salad for breakfast. 


Baby P bumpin around with his (or her) Mama and Gigi.


After Hobby Lobby, Marshalls, World Market and Ikea.. ice cream was absolutely on the to do list! 


We ended our day out with mani/pedis


And Molly was STILL sleeping.. haha!


New outdoor pillows from World Market - 50% off! Woo! 


Little extra accent to the bar area from Hobby Lobby constructed by Shay Cray.


And then the mother of all projects that I have been putting off for forever - my collage wall! We reconstructed this on the floor 100 times before it was just right. (New stuff includes: La print from World Market, light up P from Nordstrom, big P, "&" sign
"This is the day" sign, and clock all from Hobby Lobby. The rest was my photography I had hanging in other parts of the house, our wedding picture and old frames.)


Happy to have these two doing all the nailing and me doing the instructing :) 


Finished project! I am so so SOO in love it. We will be doing another one in the nursery as soon as we find out the gender of Baby P! 


Absolutely LOVED this weekend and so sad it went by so quickly. Counting down the days until we are with the whole family in Edisto for the 4th of July! 

xoxo, 

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment