In Maddie Jane

Friday Favorites!

Happy New Year!! We absolutely went from hero to zero in terms of New Year's Eve celebrations this year. We have done NYE with our FAVORITE couple Kyle and Katie for so long, I barely know how to do it without them!! We went to Nashville and saw Bassnectar for three years in a row and then spent last year in Vegas (and they got ENGAGED!!). This year we were asleep by 10:30pm, but we did get to FaceTime with Kyle and Katie - it was almost like we were with them! Almost.. 


At my baby shower back in September, guests were asked to write me little notes of encouragement. In the last month of pregnancy and since Maddie has been born, Paige has dropped a note in the mail to me ever so often. This note is one of my FAVORITES and could not have come at a better time!! One of my sweet lady reminded me that what I'm doing IS okay.. Sometimes my girl just needs her Mama and we need snuggle time :) Even at 3am.. 


Maddie Jane and I survived our first trip to the grocery store. I sat in the car and got her calmed down in the wrap before going in. She slept through the rest of the trip and did not mind our little outing one bit!! Having her snugged up to my chest in the carrier is my FAVORITEM! Maybe next stop should be the nail salon?? (It's been THREE weeks since Mama has gotten her nails done!!)


Molly Polly sure is warming up to baby sister.. She has even taken up post as my FAVORITE nursery watch dog :) 


We had our first date night as a family of three. Just a quick trip down the street to one of our FAVORITE sushi restaurants. It did mine and Age's soul some good to get out of the house. And our nugget was an angel the whole time!! 


Man oh man at the outings this week!! Maddie had her first trip to my FAVORITE place Target. (Side note: Target is much easier than the grocery store because I can take the stroller in and do not have to move her from her carseat..) Of course our Target trip was complete with a Starbucks latte and aimlessly looking at the clothes section. Okay, not so aimless.. Mama got a new top! 


And lastly... I leave you with my New Years Resolution.. Because you know I'm a cool mom :) 

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment