In Travel

Georgia Trip Recap

So between all of the baby showers in Georgia, all I did the rest of the time was EAT. Man oh man, I had some amazing food! 

First stop on Saturday was of course the Dairy Lane. Give me one of everything, thanks! 


Saturday night was Herbs.. nothing like a plate full of fried goodness. And of course you gotta put some cane syrup on your hush puppy! 


Monday lunch was some good Southern eating at Chester Deans. I use to waitress here, and it was so good to see some old coworkers AND the lady that kept me when I was a baby! 


Monday night was Mexican! Because the fake Mexican in the South is way better than the real Mexican in California.. I mean they don't have cheese dip out here!! 


On Tuesday, Grandma, Mom and I grabbed lunch with Brit. And just like Mexican.. the fake stuff in Georgia is better because of the pink sauce!! (Yes, I know I can make cheese dip and pink sauce at home, but it's just not the same. I like to reserve these yummy things to be had in my favorite places with my favorite people!)


Finally, something besides eating.. I got a hair cut! Chopped off 4 inches of nasty, stingy mess. I wish I could cut more, but I need a ponytail come December for little girl's arrival. I just feel like myself with short hair. 


We went maternity clothes and Maddie Jane clothes shopping in Macon and found a LOT of good stuff pretty dang quick. Mom and Grandma couldn't believe I was ready to go after 2 stores. Then we headed up to Forsyth to see this cutie patootie play some football! I mean.. that face! I could eat him up! 


And.. capped Tuesday night off with more food. Because you can't pass Krispy Kreme when the hot sign is on!! I'm pregnant! Mom and Grandma are lucky they get to tag along with me for an excuse :) 


Wednesday I rode around with Daddy looking at the farm.. in about a month, this will be some gorgeous cotton! 


And of course Mom had to get a few more clothes for Maddie Jane before I left.. pretty sure she keeps Ms. Sherri Harris in business single handedly!! 


Friday night I stayed with the Turners and we went to the Waco/Mary Persons game. Life is always more fun with this kid! He keeps you on your toes! 


Saturday morning, I finally got to see my husband after a week! And what do we do first.. eat of course!! We went to Cypress Burger which is right beside our very first apartment. Miss that apartment, and Atlanta, and Cypress and our friends.. and holy cow I just want to move back ASAP!


Sunday we attended the gorgeous wedding and reception of one of AJ's fraternity brothers. I love those FIJI boys and their wives/girlfriends SO much! I would give the world to be able to see them regularly. 
This guy could be the sweetest, most down to Earth guy on the planet. We spent Sunday morning over breakfast planning how we could potentially just live in the same time zone one day.. 


And his sweet girlfriend Sarah is the best thing that ever happened to him! LOVE this couple so so so stinkin much!! 


The reception was at The Estate. If you're getting married in Atlanta, consider this place! It was GORGEOUS and barely needed any decorating because it's raw beauty was all that was needed! 


We're collecting photo strips from every FIJI wedding with these two. Life is just better when you're surrounded by amazing friends.. even if it is once a year. 



xoxo, 

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment