In Birthdays Family

My 28th Birthday


Sunday morning Mom had me cupcakes and Maddie Jane was dyyying that she had to wait until the birthday song was over to eat one! We had an easy morning at Grandma's and left right around Maddie's nap time to head back to Atlanta. 


We met AJ at Cowfish at Perimeter Mall for lunch and to do a little shopping. AJ squatted down to take her picture and MJ squatted with him hahaha! 


It was SUCH a good lunch. I love that place and it would be dangerous if we lived closer! All I requested for my birthday was sushi and cold white wine and AJ delivered, ha! 


Maddie Jane dragging me to her first ever trip to the Disney store! 


She was mesmerized.. funny how it completely made my birthday to see her get a gift in the Disney store. Being a Mom is pretty cool like that, huh? 


She changed her mind a million times, but finally decided on Dumbo. (Totally not surprised, her favorite animal is an elephant by far.)


We headed home and just relaxed the rest of the day. Watched tv, enjoyed the amazing weather outside, unpacked our bags and got ready for the week.. 


Because we sang the birthday song a couple times yesterday, Maddie Jane thinks cupcakes are called "happies" haha! I think that's a pretty stinkin appropriate name! And she was pleased as punch that she got to have another one! 


After we got Maddie Jane to bed, AJ had my birthday dinner all set up. Complete with a "locally sourced" table scape! I was so impressed with the lengths he went to ensure this at home birthday was special. 


Printed menu and everything for my birthday dinner at "Chez P's"! 


First Course: Mini Potato Gratin Stacks


Second Course: Honey Glazed Salmon with Citrus Salsa 


And then I was so full, I decided to save dessert for tonight. Nothing wrong with stretching it out a little bit!!


We ended the night with a little back deck sitting and enjoying the fireplace because it FINALLY dipped below 60 degrees. I'd say October 1st is one of the best days of the year :) 


Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment