In Girlfriends Travel

12 hrs in LA + Vegas


When I was looking for flights to Las Vegas, I just could not get over how ridiculously expensive they were. So I had they genius thought to check out flights to LA first, because every time we flew to Vegas from there, the tickets were never more than $100. I scored! I booked them immediately to go see my old city real quick before the Bachelorette party!

I had 5689 things to do before this trip and time totally got away from me, so an airport pedicure was in store!



After scoring an earlier flight on standby, I made it to LA around 4pm. I took an Uber over to Ares' new office to see the new space and all my girlfriends/old coworkers I miss so dang much.



Of course we had sushi for dinner, because man oh man do I miss California sushi. The sushi in Georgia doesn't even shine a light on it. AND I got to squeeze on this best friend of mine. It killlsss me not seeing her every day anymore.



After sushi, we were off to ice cream. Devri's face trips me out! Wish I could remember what she was saying..



I was barely in LA for 12 hours, and then I was off to Vegas! I took the 6am flight to ensure I had plenty of time to get everything set up.. I normally look homeless at the airport, so I was pretty impressed with this outfit I threw together at 4:30am...





That 6am flight was not so bad with this west coast sunrise I got to see and my upgrade to first class. (Love you Delta!)



I got to Vegas around 7am and hit the ground running. HOLY COW, I forgot how spread out everything is in Vegas and how long it takes to do annnyyything.

Took Ubers to - Airport >> Cosmo >> Wal Mart >> Cosmo

THEN I got to the Cosmo with allllll this stuff and they confiscated my helium tank! After some sweet talking, the manager finally let me blow the balloons up in the basement! BUT I ran out of helium, so it was all a bust anyway! Bllaaa.. I think it all still turned out super cute anyway :)



Ivey (other MOH) and I had picked out some stuff beforehand to pack in the suitcase, that helped a lot! If you are planning a Bach in Vegas, I would suggest getting a courier service!





I did get a few balloons pumped up and the rest I just blew up with my mouth and trashed the others. This suuuupper nice suite totally makes up for it though, right?? I finished up and jumped in the shower right before the girls' plane arrived!





That evening we scratched the dinner plans and snacked in the room in order to have plenty of time to get ready. A couple hours and drinks later, we were ready to celebrate Paige!


I had arranged for a limo/party bus pick us up for the first night out!







I hardly took any pictures! Boo! We spent most of the night at Tao in the Venetian. I had never been, but was really happy with it! AND I made it out till like 1am! HA! On Friday I had a pool day planned and it was sooo needed. Much relaxation after the craziness of the last 24 hours!



Night two we had dinner reservations at Beauty and Essex in the Cosmo. Would totally recommend it! It was tapas style in a really trendy atmosphere. You have to go through a pawn shop to get to the secret door. So cool!







Saturday morning I hopped on a flight and got to snuggle with this girl before she went to bed! Being away any amount of time is hard on a Mama's heart! The struggle is real balancing life, work, friends, and babies! (OH and my sweet hubby who held down the fort to make this all happen :) )

Related Articles

1 comments: