In Family Maddie Jane Weekends

Labor Day Weekend


After being gone all week in Nashville, and my drive taking SIX hours, I was so ready to get home to this snuggle bug and start our long weekend! As usual AJ had a conference call with the west coast, so we hung outside coloring on the driveway. We took it easy that night and headed to bed pretty early! We were all whipped. 


Saturday morning, Maddie Jane was a wild child complete with Mickey Mouse pjs, a tutu she smuggled home under her dress from school, a dog toy as a bracelet, and as usual begging for more yogurt covered pretzels. HAHA 


After Maddie Jane's nap, we headed into the city to watch football with our friends at Sean and Egan's house. Maddie girl was a biggg fan of their piano. 


And all the snacks and attention, ha! 


Ohhh man, talk about warming Mama's heart. Saturday in the fall with my tiny UGA fan loving football!! 


House divided... you see who wins :) 


Maddie grew tired of the games, but fortunately Ms. Egan had pencils and coloring books!! 


We gave MJ a bath and got her in her pjs before I drove us all home. AJ made us dinner and I watched the dawgs happily right by myself, ha! 


Sunday morning we sported our red/white/blue to church. 


And after a long nap for everyone, we met up for a late lunch with Bruce in Roswell at Big Ketch.


When we got home, AJ snagged this picture of MJ mid hug and my heart could literally explode I love that little girl so much!! 


That night Maddie had an extra fun bedtime story with a book by one of AJ's family friends! 


We didn't have any Labor Day plans, so AJ decided late Sunday night he was going to go fly fishing with Judson Pittman. He was gone all morning and we just took it easy. 


And that weather! I loooove it so much! If only it would stay that cool all day! 


I got in some pretty rare snuggles.. 


Sweet picture of Molly Polly just because... she gets left out around here! But not at home.. goodness gracious Maddie Jane bosses her around like a drill sergeant. 


After AJ got home we were a little restless, so we headed up to the outlets to check out the Labor Day sales. (I forgot about this outfit on 4th of July and almost forgot about it yesterday! Glad she wore it once before it's put away, haha!) 


I turn my back for ONE minute, and then I can't find Maddie Jane. This girl!!! Always getting into everyyything. 


And that's it for a quick recap on our pretty uneventful weekend. We needed it after doing ALL THE THINGS over the past two weeks. One more pretty low key weekend, and then we are going crazy again! Check back tomorrow for a food post - hodge podge of stuff! 

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment