In Fashion Gigi What's Up Wednesday

What's Up Wednesday



On the last Wednesday of every month I link up with Mel, Shay and Sheaffer to do What's Up Wednesday. This one is a doozy since I've been off my blogging game lately, so strap in!


1. What we're eating this week...
On Monday I had a little date night with this guy for sushi! Cute little place right by our house to end our looong parents' only weekend :)



Tuesday: We tried out the Orange Chinese Chicken from Trader Joe's. They are constantly surprising me with their frozen food section!! 
Wednesday: Breaking out some tilapia from the freezer and doing fried fish tacos with mango salsa I picked up at Trader Joe's
Thursday: Alright, clearly I'm on a TJ's kick.. we are also trying out their Chili Lime Chicken Burgers which I have heard nothing but amazing things about! 


2. What I'm reminiscing about...
Our college days! This past weekend we went to the Georgia Tech game and tailgated at AJ's fraternity, FIJI. So weird being back there, but thankfully there were a ton of his pledge class/older folks, so it was really nice to catch up with people!


We were walking around the house and we spotted this little cutie his Freshman year!


I really wasn't expecting it to be soooo dang hot. Totally wasn't in my mom frame of mind and forgot sunscreen and we both got scorched! 



3. What I'm loving...
My mom is a wedding planner and she asked me to help her with one of her bigger weddings a couple weekends ago. Conveniently some of my favorite people were there!! Like this sweet one..


And this one.. (These girls are just like my baby sisters. Love them to death and so stinkin thankful for them!!)


And this guy -- my big, little cousin (LOVED helping my mom with the wedding. So could do it full time...)



4. What we've been up to...
This past weekend we had a parents' only weekend while my mom had Maddie Jane. First up - dinner with Beverly! Oh my goodness, O-Ku. The views are gorgeous and that sushi is California quality!! Just sign me up to eat there evverryy night. 


Next stop - 2Cellos at Chastain! They were amazing, that venue is amazing! I mean bringing your own table, wine, cheese, whatever you want, is sooo wonderful! 


We kinda don't want to ever go to another venue again! It was so perfect, and peaceful, and the best little grown up data night, ha!


2cellos. Look them up. Gooooood stuff.


And then we ended the weekend hosting a baby shower for our sweet friends, Kyle and Katie. You can read all about it back HERE.



5. What I'm dreading...
Driving to Sandersville. I mean don't get me wrong.. being close to family is SO nice and I know I complained about 48934 times when we were in California that I didn't get to do all the things with my friends and family. But mannnn I just hate driving.


6. What I'm working on...
Getting Maddie Jane's closet fall ready. My mom and I hit up some Labor Day sales and stocked up on some great stuff! One of Maddie Jane's (and my) favorites are these precious kitty shoes. She just walks around the house saying MEOW when she has them on. You can find them HERE.


Old Navy and Gap Factory were the best finds -- Mom has already gotten her THIS dress, and THIS sweet little dress, AND THIS little dress in evvvvery color! hahah But I still think we need THIS precious jacket, and THIS guy in mine and Maddie's size!! 


7. What I'm excited about...
My birthday is this weekend! I looooove birthdays, always have, and I think I always will. We have had so much craziness going on and so much craziness coming up, we actually aren't doing anything special. But I'm sure I will love the day just the same :) Here's a little throw back from my 20th birthday and you can find links to a couple others below!


8. What I'm watching/reading...
My "to watch" list is about to grow insanely long. It's a little embarrassing how many shows I watch in the fall, but they are just all SO GOOD.

This is Us came on last night and I am def hitting up the DVR tonight. I heard it was a tear jerker. (surprise, surprise)

Designated Survivor is another one AJ and I watch together. So glad it was renewed for another season. 


The LAST season of Scandal comes back on. I'm actually pretty glad.. I think it has ran its time and should end on a high note. 


How to Get Away With Murder can be a hit or miss.. but AJ and I are sticking with it to figure out some of the crazy twists and turns. 


And lastly.. old faithful Grey's Anatomy. We have been friends since its inception back in 2005 (high school!!) and I don't plan on giving it up any time soon :) 



9. What I'm listening to...
2Cellos of course! 

10. What I'm wearing...
I have been trying to channel that fall weather with my wardrobe. It hasn't really worked, but I am going to keep trying anyway. AND Brit J is letting me borrow some of her clothes while she is prego, so I am getting to change things up a bit!

 Similar stuff :: Pants | Shoes | Shirt

Similar stuff :: Shirt | Pants | Earrings  

11. What I'm doing this weekend...
We are headed back to Sandersville for my bestie's Engagement Party! A couple weekends ago we were there for this sweet little bridal shower. Love getting to do this time of life with her!


And Maddie Jane loves all the sweet treats that are involved! HA. Y'all pray that she is flower girl ready come November :) 



12. What I'm looking forward to next month...
Oh my goodness, it's another crazy one! My birthday, AJ goes on a bachelor party, then I go on Paige's bachelorette party to VEGAS, a family reunion, AJ goes to California to teach a workshop, Honey comes to town, Halloween, and hopefully a pumpkin patch in there somewhere!! And top that all off with football and some of my favorite people's birthdays :) Tired yet?


Related Articles

1 comments:

  1. Omg, those little cat shoes are too cute! Happy early birthday! I hope you have a great weekend.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete