In Books Fashion Maddie Jane Travel What's Up Wednesday

What's Up Wednesday

 Like every month, I'm joining MelShay, and Sheaffer for their What's Up Wednesday link-up!

1. What we're eating this week...
Well this week I am in Nashville for work, so I am eating alllll the fancy things. Last night we went to Husk and it was amazing! And how gorgeous is this restaurant!? 



I had Ol' Fuskie Crab Rice.. think perfectly cooked/seasoned rice with some crunchy edges, freshly steamed crab, onions, garlic. YUM. And that pretty drink over there is called The Kramer.



My coworker Kaylie got the pulled pork sliders with pork skins and pickeled red onions. She had me drooling over them too! 


Tonight we are going to Pharmacy Burger which I have heard nothing but amazing things about. 

  2. What I'm reminiscing about...
I love when old blog posts pop up in my TimeHop. Today one year ago, I was writing about my baby girl being 9 months. How is time flying by so quickly!? 




3. What I'm Loving...
While I've been in Nashville, AJ is holding down the fort at home just fine. Love that man of mine and how great of a Daddy he is .. AND I love my daily morning pictures! You see those hair-dos!? #daddyoftheyear







4. What we've been up to...
SO much. Like TOO much. My head is kinda spinnin at this point, and I am so ready for a lazy weekend!! 


I talked about our parents' only weekend back HERE

 


I talked about our couple days at the lake HERE.


5. What I'm dreading... 

That drive back to Atlanta.. it's so curvy and always packed with 18 wheelers and it is supposed to be super rainy on Friday! On the drive up here, I took a tiny detour to have lunch at Rain in Chattanooga .. it's the sushi restaurant Maci from Teen Mom always goes to. Just letting my freak flag fly high today! hahah 




6. What I'm working on...
Even though I am missing my girl and hubby like crrazzyy this week, I am working on enjoying Nashville! Last night we headed out to Acme after dinner and it was gorgeous! 



The weather was perfect, and downtown was pretty much a ghost town. 


It was so nice to have that rooftop up there practically to ourselves! 



7. What I'm excited about...

Getting back home and having a lazy weekend!! While I am missing my girl it totally made my week to open up my notebook and find Maddie doodles in there :) 



8. What I'm watching/reading...
For our book club, I read The Nightingale. It has out of this world reviews and most people say that it is the best book they have read all year.. I just couldn't get on board. I struggggled through it. Maybe I just don't have an appreciation for things set so far in the past? Who knows. But check it out for yourself HERE.



Now I am reading a much easier book, If You Only Knew.. Great, light chick lit! I'm about half way through, but it's a page turner for sure. I think Kristan Higgins is going to be an author I come back to time and time again.You can snag it HERE.



9. What I'm listening to...
Podcasts per usual! One of my favorites was Oprah's Super Soul conversations with Present Over Perfect author, Shauna Neiquist. She talked about the strive for perfection and how it can ruin your life. It spoke to me on so many levels and really made me think. You can (and totally should) listen to it HERE.




10. What I'm wearing...
I did an entire work wear post back HERE, so I don't have many pics. But the ones I have, I reallyyyy like. 


I got so many compliments on this outfit!! The shirt is old from Target and those are my go to Vince Camuto dress pants..  I was wearing THESE shoes so often, that I bought them in black too! And y'all they are 50% off! I almost want to buy one more pair for when I inevitably wear these out!! They are that good.


I threw this cutie little outfit together for date night. I think the shirt, shorts and necklace are all from Forever 21??? HA. I've never worn this combo together, but I'm totally digging it!! Similar shoes can be found HERE.




11. What I'm doing this weekend...
A lot of relaxing combined with the best weekend of the ENTIRE YEAR... college football starts!!!! I cannot wait to cheer on the dawgs on Saturday from my cozy couch! 




12. What I'm looking forward to next month... 
FOOTBALL. Holy cow y'all I live for the fall months and being glued to espn every Saturday. On top of all the goodness, we have another parents' only weekend (complete with a double date night and 2Cellos concert!!), hosting a baby shower at our house, and kicking off the wedding shower season for my bestie! It's going to be another packed one and I'm so excited about it :) 


XOXO,

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment