In Blue Apron Hello Fresh Recipes

All things food. 


This is such a random assortment of stuff, but all food related, so stay with me here.. 

I never got around to talking about the end of my Nashville trip. We went to Pharmacy burger and ohhhhh my goodness. Y'all, that burger was out of this world. I'm a HUGE sour cream fan, so the stroganoff burger was right up my ally. 


Next up.. Hello Fresh. We did Blue Apron for several months back in California. (I talked about it back HERE.) We received a 50% off coupon for Hello Fresh, so we decided to give it a quick two week try. First thing we noticed: better packaging. Unlike Blue Apron, I really appreciated that everything was in one bag and labeled. 


With this meal, all the ingredients were great. (However, when we made the burgers the next night, our greens were completely wilted and gooey.. akk!) In terms of meat, exact same quality as Blue Apron - even same brand of some things! 


These cod cakes had an amazing flavor and used a technique that we would have never done so on our own.. so major bonus points for that! However, they completely fell apart. Another thing to add, Hello Fresh requires a lot more kitchen gadgets than Blue Apron. We have more gadgets than we know what to do with, but might not be ideal for others.. 


We have one more week with it, so I hate to prematurely give my verdict BUT.. I don't think we will renew our subscription. Too many hiccups happened for us to pay more than we would at the grocery store for meals. It did provide us with a wonderful couple date night before AJ had to go out of town again! 


Lastly.. meal prep. I know some people hate planning/prepping meals, but I actually love it! I plan our week menu for dinner and AJ executes, and then I plan out my lunches and I get them packed on Sunday. This week I was super boring and did the exact same thing for every day, because that's just how my ingredients panned out... Tuna salad, tomatoes in olive oil and vinegar, and mozzarella cheese. (I also packed bread and avocados to makes toast for breakfast and wheat thins for my tuna..)


Often times I use leftovers for my lunches.. A few weeks ago I had BBQ chicken, sauteed tomatoes and starwberries. I do notice that my fruit can struggle by Friday, so if I am having that I will wait to pack those lunches.. Also, THESE boxes are amazing for meal prep - microwave and dishwasher safe! 


Another idea -- The pre-made bagged salad is great to split into two trays and pair with another side. This one was from Trader Joes and I paired it with some leftover squash casserole. I use THESE great salad dressing cups so nothing spills.


Two of my favorite things.. "snacks" for meals and dipping! These is a favorite lunch.. Chips, guac, veggies, and ranch. Put some lime juice on your guac so it doesn't brown! 


Thanks for reading that crazy random post! See you back here for Friday Favorites on this glorious short week!! 

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment