In Menu Monday Recipes

Menu Monday

We're finally back home, back in a routine and Mama has her appetite back! Which means.. I am finally back on the meal planning train! I planned some good stuff this week and wanted to share with you guys what the Pryors are eating! 

Sunday : Caprese Sandwich 
Last night we had a delicious caprese sandwich for dinner - think toasted bread, fresh heirloom tomato, thick cut mozzarella and home made pesto mayo. Took less than 15 minutes to make and tasted straight out of an Italian restaurant. It didn't photo that great, but believe me it was YUMMO. 


Monday : Shrimp and Ranch Potatoes
I always like to incorporate at least one seafood dish into our menu each week. If it wasn't so dang expensive (and my husband wasn't a red meat eating carnivore through and through) I would have seafood every night!! Shrimp were only a $5 a pound so I grabbed those to throw on our grill pan. Because we are using ranch packets in another meal later in the week, I decided to make my mom's infamous ranch potatoes to not let any ingredients go to waste or take up space in our tiny pantry. 



Tuesday: Out! Obica Mozzarella Bar
Maddie has done so well at restaurants lately, we decided to have a week night date night with our babe in tow. We are going to Obica Mozzarella Bar for their half off bottle wine special Tuesday. I am beyond excited to have an excuse to get out of my pajamas mid week!! We're having Italian three nights this week and I am not mad about it one.bit.


Wednesday: One Pot Sausage Meatball Ziti
One of my favorite blogs I read regularly is The Massey Spot. This sweet mama has twin toddlers and a 6 month old and still manages to get amazing meals on the dinner table all week long. She posted this one not too long ago and I knew I wanted to try it. Looks super yummy AND it only dirties ONE pot. Sounds like a win win to me! You can find the recipe HERE and I will definitely report back with how it goes :) 


Thursday: Turkey Bacon Panini
Because I was already buying a big nice loaf of bread for our caprese sandwich earlier in the week, I wanted to incorporate another type of sandwich into the menu so the bread doesn't go bad. My all time favorite sandwich is the Turkey Club Panini at Atlanta Bread Company, so I am going to try to re-create it this week. Shouldn't be too hard, right?? 


Friday : Ranch Chick and Mushrooms 
Another one of my favorite blogs is Mix and Match Mama (PS - she came out with her very first cookbooks TODAY - I would definitely recommend picking up a copy :)) She wrote this recipe to be cooked in a slow cooker, but we don't have one (I know, gasp! Our tiny apartment doesn't have room for a kitchen gadget of that size when you can get the same cooking effect on the stove or in the oven..) You can find the recipe HERE

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment