In Pregnancy

It's a .... GIRL!

AJ was actually scheduled to get back from Vegas later than my doctor's appointment. He woke up at 4am and headed to the airport to try to get on an earlier flight. He was number 3 in line for standby.. about 20 minutes before take off, someone dropped off, so he was bumped up to number 2. And then 10 minutes before take off, a couple didn't show up so he made it on!! We were both sweating it!!

 

When it was time for the sonogram, I FaceTimed Mom and the ultrasound tech brought up our little nugget on the screen. She scared the crap out of me when she left the room to go get the doctor. Little did I know, she actually needed the doctor to confirm that our sweet baby is in fact a GIRL despite them telling us she was a boy a little over a month ago.. Mom was screaming, AJ was grinning like a monkey, and I kept saying.. I TOLD you they didn't have it right!! Our little flexible girl had her legs up by her ears to make SURE we stopped calling her a boy ASAP!


Of course I am already working on nursery ideas (who am I kidding, I've had nursery ideas since day 1). We are going with light pink and gold.. lots of frills and ruffles and calming touches. And I had to go in and change the registry we had already made! And holy cow, AJ is a completely different Dad now. He is mushy and sentimental and is staying on top of my health (because apparently his baby girl needs more nourishment than a big strong boy??) Oh. Be still my heart. I have fallen in love with my husband all over again. 


And well.. let's be honest. Girls are just WAY more fun to dress. I had a Baby Gap gift card that had been burning a hole in my wallet for months. So we headed back to the sale section and got our sweet baby girl some newborn stuff, a dress for Auntie Kell's wedding in April and a 4th of July outfit for next year! I know this is the first a MANY trips to clothe this little girl. I cannot even put into words how ready I am to meet our sweet baby and hold her in my arms. 


You are SO loved Maddie Jane Pryor. I feel SO blessed to be your Mommy. 


xoxo, 

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment