In Ares Birthdays Molly Weekends

Birthday Weekend

Y'all I am up to my eyeballs in work right now.. I am working day and night and on the weekends. We are down a person on our team AND it's busy season for Private Equity right now. I honestly don't know if I am coming or going.. BUT this little scrapbook of a blog is important to me, and I wanted to remember these times, crazy busy or not. 

So ELEVEN days ago, I celebrated my 27th birthday. The celebrations started out at work the day prior to my birthday with an obligatory cookie cake from the team.


Next my boss took me out to Sugar Fish (fav!!) for lunch.. Per usual there was a wait, so we headed next door to grab a drink while we waited. Wellll low and behold Matt Damon was casually sitting beside us so I just casually took a picture with him, ha! 


After a short day at work (thanks boss!!) I headed to pick my super tired beagle pup up from daycare.


We just had a low key day at home that night... eating leftovers. 


Saturday morning I had my free birthday Starbucks in bed and miss thing wanted a sip of the PSL so badly!


Next up was brunch with my girlfriends.. We went to this super cute place in Venice!


My California bestie and chauffeur for the day. Don't think I could have hand picked a better friend to do this west coast life with me (or share my love of stripes, craft beer, and gossip).


What do you do for a birthday cake at brunch?? A pastry board of course!! 


Kelsey got me this super sweet shirt for my birthday!


Devri brought flowers and cupcakes!


And Lauren and Jodi brought more flowers!! I felt like Miss America. ha


Saturday night Kelsey babysat Maddie and AJ and I had a wonderful night out at Scoppa in Venice.


Followed by champagne and cake at some random little cafe. We were taking FULL advantage of our not so often babysitter situation!


Sunday after church we did a little shopping.. My cheerio queen! With those little feet crossed! I die.


And I finally broke down and gave into AJ's insisting on having Maddie a playpen. Man oh man, I was dreading this big ole eye sore in our teeny, tiny apartment. But let me tell ya, it's the best purchase we have made in a longggg time!


And Monday morning we were up and ready to go in our Halloween gear (bc it's FINALLY Ocotber!!)


That's a little glimpse of my birthday weekend.. man how times have changed in comparison to years past. They just get better and better!! Missed my family and friends from back home... but spending time with my California girls, and my Maddie and my man sure was good for the soul! 

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment