In Books Family Fashion Maddie Jane What's Up Wednesday

What's Up Wednesday 

 Like every month, I'm joining MelShay, and Sheaffer for their What's Up Wednesday link-up!

1. What we're eating this week...
On Monday AJ got home from a loooong work trip and surprised me with a REALLY yummy dinner! Homemade gnocchi with snap peas, goat cheese, bacon and mint. The combination was out of this world! 



On Tuesdays and Fridays AJ has conference calls that go till pretty late, so we try to keep it easy. So last night we had potstickers and edamame that we got at Buford Highway last week.


Wednesday: We have a dinner party with Kel and Michael! We are having pork loin, sweet potatoes, and grilled corn.
Thursday: Lemon ricotta ravioli from Trader Joe's with mushrooms
Friday: Grilled prawns and sweet potatoes (When you buy a bag, you gotta use them up!)

Maddie Jane's dinners are always hit or miss. Sometimes I have her a well balanced meal with a protein, fruit, and veggie and then sometimes she ends up with popsicles and yogurt covered pretzels for dinner. Sometimes she sits down and eats everything like a perfect angel, and sometimes I am throwing food at her in between jumps into the baby pool. Last night she had ice cream before dinner and Chef Boyardee. Just keepin it real... 



2. What I'm reminiscing about...
Tiny baby MJ! And football season!! 38 days till kickoff! But who's counting!? 
(I might add we have been practicing on our GOOOO DAWGS!)



3. What I'm Loving...
Yesterday was our sweet pup's birthday!! Molly girl turned 6! I can't believe our first baby is that old! So of course we had to celebrate with ice cream (pup friendly kind for Molly)!



And after ice cream AND spaghetti, it was off to bath for this girl! She is so giggly - I could just eat her up!! 





4. What we've been up to...
We had such a fun July!! And I managed to get so much of it on the blog!! You can check out our 4th of July HERE



And we finally have our house completely moved into! You can check out the home tour HERE.


And a fun weekend for Peyton's birthday HERE.



5. What I'm dreading... 
Nothing other than another month of this hot weather! I forgot how HOT Georgia gets!! WOOF.



6. What I'm working on...
I walk the line of documenting our life and keeping some stuff personal. But I do want to remember this time where AJ and I really worked hard on our marriage. After reading The 5 Love Languages (which you can find HERE), we became really committed to speaking each other's love language. Our marriage wasn't a mess by any means, but we have seen SUCH a difference. Our home is so much happier because we are truly being intentional with each other. I would really encourage any couple to read this book. It is life changing. And maybe you will get breakfast in bed like I did this morning :) 



7. What I'm excited about...
Just life.. Life is really good right now. You know it ebbs and flows.. I have had some REALLY low times over the past few years. I can't remember being this happy in a really long time. To be completely transparent, I make a lot less money now than I did in California. But the decrease in money has been completely overshadowed with the pure joy we have right. Being home feels so good. Being a mom feels so good. Being a better wife feels so good. And I'm proud. I'm just really stinkin proud.


8. What I'm watching/reading...
It's been a really long time since I have read a book like this.. Y'all it was going along like your regular ole chick lit and then BOOM. It got real. The last half of this book ripped my heart out. Stomped on it. Made me literally CRY. Goodness this book was intense, and draining and really made me stop and think. Am I intriguing you to read it yet?? HAHA You can find it HERE.


And against my better judgement, I downloaded book two. You can find it HERE.




9. What I'm listening to...
I am addicted to podcasts. I listen at work, in the car, before bed. I just love being able to listen to something so intriguing while getting other things done. 


Then this brand new podcast, by one of my favorite people ever - Jen Hatmaker. Jen is just so REAL. Her new podcast is For The Love and has been so inspiring! 



And on Tuesdays, Kaitlyn Bristowe releases a fun, girly podcast - Off The Vine! 



10. What I'm wearing...
I remembered to take pictures this month!! Woo. I will try to give links under each pic - some things are super old and some brand new. And no, I'm not cool enough to have an RStyle account... Just doing it out of the goodness of my heart :) ha! 





Shirt | Jeans



11. What I'm doing this weekend...

Maddie Jane has a play date.. Molly has a play date.. Grilling out with Bev and Ben. And a lot of cuddles on the deck with popsicles :) 



12. What I'm looking forward to next month... 
Mom is taking Maddie Jane for a weekend and we have a concert and date night (!!).. Pryor family vacation at the lake (and the eclipse!!), a baby shower, a wedding shower.. August is going to be fun! 


XOXO,

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment