In Girlfriends Recipes Weekends

Hello Monday!


Well... I had all intentions of doing a Friday Favorites post last week, but I woke up with a toothache. So I worked up the courage to go to the dentist (after a THREE year hiatus!) I was terrified. I mean scared to death. After X-rays, I took a big ole sigh of relief when they told me it's a bruise on my gum and will heal on its own. I was like wooo I took a half day sick leave, now I get to go get my nails done! But not so fast.... 


Next thing I know I have signed my life away and need 2 crowns, 6 fillings, and a special procedure done for gingivitis. I was there for 4 hours.. crying like a baby.. the laughing gas wasn't helping much. I have to go back every three weeks until the end of October to get a different quadrant done. LESSON LEARNED. I will be going to the dentist every 6 months, and using my brand new electric tooth brush, and flossing. Swear. 


So rewind a little bit to Wednesday.. we had a dinner part with Kelley and Michael! They came over and we had drinks on the deck, yummy grilled pork, a crazy good thin mint dessert from Kell, and ended the night with corn hole. 


On Saturday I was moving slow after all my dental work and we stayed in our pjs till lunch! It was so needed. Then we headed down to the city and saw Jess and Henry before going to the mall. 


I took some stuff back to Nordstrom (and bought over the knee boots which the jury is still out on...) then we met Bruce at Cow Fish. 


The concept (and really the food too) of this restaurant was great! I mean look how cute this PB&J bento box is!? But the service was seriously lacking.. 


Fortunately they had lots of games to entertain Maddie Jane during our insanely long wait for food.. 



We got back out of the city in time for bedtime. Love this man (and that he lets me have drinks with girlfriends and drives home!!)


Sunday morning we headed to church and then to Wal Mart.. 


And then to Chili's.. girl put away all of her mac&cheese/oranges kids meal, then started in on Daddy's plate! 


After Maddie napped (and AJ did a bajillion things in the yard and I prepped dinner), we had pool/water table time.


Last night we had Bev and Ben over for dinner (Just give me alllll the dinner parties! Making up for serious lost time!) We kept it simple with burgers, broccoli ramen salad (recipe is at the bottom of this post), and these cuuute key lime desserts I whipped up (you can find the recipe HERE).


Beverly made bacon wrapped dates that were quickly devoured. We love doing life with these guys. AND they brought Sanders over to play with Molly in our big backyard. 


And this is how my weekend ended.. my living room full of some of my favorite people.. a glass of wine.. a candle burning. It was GOOD.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------


Crunchy Romain Toss
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 package ramen noodles, broken up
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 bunch broccoli, coarsely chopped
- 1 head romaine lettuce, washed and torn
- 4 green onion, chopped
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar- 1/2 cup wine vinegar
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce

Directions:Brown walnuts and  broken up noodles in butter (do not use noodle flavor packet).  Combine noodles and walnuts with broccoli, romaine and onions.  Blend remaining ingredients (should make 2 1/2 cups).  Pour one cup of dressing over salad and toss.

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment