In Decorating Menu Monday Recipes Weekends

Weekend Wrap Up AND Menu Monday!

This weekend was PACKED.. well it was packed by my pregnancy standards. I'm use to doing a lot of nothing, so by Sunday night I was worn out! Friday afternoon I had a chiropractor appointment, so I met AJ in Westwood for that, then we got the grocery shopping out of the way. Four loads of laundry later, we were finally grabbed some dinner at Counter Burger then crashed for the night. 

Saturday morning we got the U-haul truck (where they informed us we only had 4 hours with it!!) and set off in our mad dash. We grabbed AJ's friend who was helping us and drove over to get the dresser/changing table. Of course it broke while we were moving it.. and of course after I had already paid the lady.. AJ was brainstorming ways to fix it and I decided to leave it as is. Now I can hang cute stuff above it as I had originally planned. A good bleach/clorox wipe down later... it's as good as new! 


We ran AJ's friend home then headed to Burbank to Ikea. We found the perfect desk AND two book shelves for 50% off!! We dropped those things off at home and made it back to the U-haul place with minutes to spare. Getting around LA is HARD to do quickly. Glad this is all out of the way and the nursery is on its way to being perfect for sweet Maddie Jane!! 


Sunday was spent putting more things together and cleaning, Also, we had an appointment to meet with our second day care. It feels really good to know there are some safe and affordable options available to us.. At first we were beyond terrified seeing how insanely expensive UCLA's daycare was.. after some research and digging and calling, I think I've identified several potential places for baby girl! And of course, all the while.. this is what Molly was doing.. 



Menu Monday! (long time no see..)

Monday: Beef Noodle Casserole
Found this one on Six Sisters website.. they have a TON of great recipes on there I have used in the past and this one didn't let me down! We actually had it last night and are having leftovers tonight. You can find the recipe HERE - my only recommendation is to not cook the green onions in the casserole, put them on at the end. 



Tuesday: Turkey/Zucchini Pizza
Last night I made the pizza dough to use for our pizzas this week. The recipe you can find HERE makes enough for one large pizza (but a pizza and a half for me and AJ), so I add a little extra of every ingredient so we can do pizza twice! This one sounds weird but it is YUMMY - ground turkey, shaved zucchini, Parmesan and tzatiki sauce. 



Wednesday: Cheeseburger Pizza
One pizza we always do when I make fresh dough, is the cheeseburger pizza. The bottom is mustard and ketchup with ground beef and cheddar cheese. After you make it, top it with lettuce, more mustard and dill pickles! Sooo yummy and doesn't seem as heavy on these hot summer nights! (TIP: make sure you flash bake the dough by it self before putting the ingredients on to ensure crispiness.)



Thursday: Caesar Salad Burgers
I came across this recipe on Mix and Match Mama's site and thought it sounded delish!! Turkey/spinach burgers on top of texas toast with romaine and caesar dressing. I will give you guys the verdict on Friday. You can find the complete recipe HERE.



xoxo, 

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment