In Menu Monday Weekends What's Up Wednesday

What's Up Wednesday


The last Wednesday of every month I link up with Mel at The Larson LingoShay at Mix and Match Family, and Sheaffer at Pinterest Told Me To. These posts are always so long and take me forever to do, but I sure do love looking back on them later! 


 1. What we're eating this week...
Tuesday: Chili Mac (thank the Lord for freezer meals!)
Wednesday: Skirt Steak w/Pesto and Roasted Potatoes
Thursday: Hogs in a Hammock
Friday: Breakfast for Dinner
Saturday: Burgers and Baked Beans


2. What I'm reminiscing about...
Our wedding! I can't believe it has been three years since our wedding!! We celebrated pretty low key with a meal at home in between all the hoopla in our lives right now. But AJ made it super special with a tasting menu he created and let me select what I wanted for each course. 



"Caprese Nachos" -- tiny pieces of tasted baguette with tomatoes, mozzarella, basil and balsamic reduction. 


Lobster tagliatelle. YUM. YUM. YUM.


3. What I'm loving...
A.I.M. (Ares in Motion) is our summer volunteer initiative at work. Today we did crafts for the Painted Turtle - a camp for children with long term/life altering diseases. 



This camp allows kids to be around others with similar conditions and gives them the opportunity to have normal lives. There are no limits at camp - they can swim, ride horses, fish.. whatever their heart desires. A special team of doctors and nurses are on staff to ensure their medical needs are met while they are immersed in a wonderful life outside the hospital. 


When they leave camp they get a turtle pillow, a blanket and a CD full of pictures from their time at camp. Today Ares created those pillows, blankets, and CD cases. It was so much fun being a tiny part of these kids' summer.



4. What we've been up to...
Crazy town traveling. You can see our post from SSI here.


  

5. What I'm dreading...
This girl crawling!! 1. She is growing WAY TOO FAST and 2. I don't know if I am ready to chase this nugget around! and 3. My house isn't baby proofed yet! But man oh man is she trying her hardest to get moving!! 




6. What I'm working on...
We are starting Baby Led Weaning this weekend. We are really excited to try out this method of baby feeding. Maddie Jane really lost interest in formula once we started introducing food, so we are hoping to completely get her on the food train just supplemented with formula. She LOVES these pouches and doing it herself (she is SO independent), so I think this approach is really going to click with her. 




7. What I'm excited about...
Seeing this girl get married next weekend!! And seeing so many of the Fiji boys and their wives! 




8. What I'm watching/reading...
All about the Bachelorette these days.. I'm currently reading Andi's book "It's Not Okay" (It's pretty good - you may not like it if you aren't a Bachelor junkie..)



And I finally watched the first episode of JoJo's season of the Bachelorette. I think those boys brings more drama than the girls! It's going to be a good season! 




9. What I'm listening to...
Can't stop singing this song. 


  
10. What I'm wearing...
I have zero pictures of my outfits this month.. who has time to take pictures of their clothes (actually I may have time, but my clothes usually have spit up on them..)


  11. What I'm doing this weekend...
NOTHING! This is our only weekend with nothing to do and we are PUMPED. And I found out this morning we are getting tomorrow off too! Thank the Lord for a 4 day weekend. Mama needs it!! (And there is a LOT of stuff clogging up my DVR that I'm pretty excited to clean off :))


12. What I'm looking forward to next month...
Family beach trip!!!! Beyond excited to spend a week in Edisto with my favorite people doing a whole bunch of eating, card playing, and soaking up the rays in that sleepy beach town. 


  
XOXO, 

Related Articles

2 comments:

  1. We just started baby led weaning with my little guy...and he is the opposite of independent! He has shown very little interest in feeding himself...but if I put the spoon up to his mouth he can't get enough! Hoping he figures it out soon because I know he will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Can't Stop the Feeling' is on repeat for me too! I'm obsessed!

    ReplyDelete