In Menu Monday Recipes

TBT :: Menu Monday

Always fun to do a little Throwback Thursday to Menu Monday, because I actually have pictures of the food! We ate BIG this week.. think lots of carbs and cheese. Oops! But with some seafood thrown in the mix, it totally balances out, right?

Sunday: Lasagna
I love making lasagna. And I love coming up with new varieties of lasagna. But this week, I went with the old classic using my homemade tomato sauce. 


Anna-Grace's Spaghetti Sauce
Caramelize one whole onion with olive oil 
Add in 4 cloves of chopped garlic
Add in 1 lb of turkey and ground with the onions
Pour in one can of tomato sauce
Pour in one can of San Marzano tomatoes (**Make sure you get this kind!!)
Add salt and pepper to taste 
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon of sugar (**Secret ingredient! SOO yummy)
Simmer for 45 minutes to thicken and serve over pasta


Monday: Grilled Fish, Orzo & Deviled Eggs
Fish was on sale, we had a box of orzo in the cabinet and we some how ended up with two dozen eggs in the fridge.. so this meal was planned!


And don't even judge me on having three eggs on my plate.. I MEAN. Look at these bad boys. Oh how I looooove deviled eggs. I don't make them very often for a reason.. 



Tuesday: Grilled Shrimp & Mexican Street Corn
I could eat this meal every night of the week. Shrimp are so easy, so healthy and usually pretty cheap - it's a win for everyone. And AJ has mentioned doing this street corn several times, and we finally got around to it. It is AMAZING. You can find a recipe similar to what he did HERE.



Wednesday: Steak & Twice Baked Potatoes
We splurged this week and bought a T-bone steak. AJ had the strip and I had the fillet - perfect portions for both of us, ha! E made THIS "Mushroom Powder" while she was here and we have been putting it on everyyyything. SUCH good flavor.


And ohhhh twice baked potatoes. They remind me of home and my mom and are one of my top comfort foods for that very reason (and #carbs). SO simple to make - bake the potatoes as usual, scoop the insides out and add cheese, sour cream, butter, salt/pepper and pop them bake in to broil. YUM.



Thursday: Gumbo
E left our freezer looking like this!! Talk about a good guest. We have gumbo and chili for days! So I grabbed one out yesterday to thaw and all I will have to do tonight is throw it in a pot and cook some rice. Wam, Bam, Thank You Ma'm.

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment