In Maddie Jane Mother's Day

My FIRST Mother's Day Weekend

Friday I received my very first Mother's Day gift from Maddie's daycare. I may have shed a tear or two. I only thought birthdays were awesome.. I mean birthdays are my jam.. but receiving a picture of my baby girl framed with popsicle sticks is THE BEST THING IN THE WORLD. 


Miss Thing was all dressed up to go to dinner on Friday night.. 


And this is what she thinks about us going to sushi... again! ha


Saturday morning the house cleaner arrived early (Happy Mother's Day to meeeee) and we headed out to do a ton of errands. Little girl didn't last very long before she was OUT.


We pulled in to pick Molly up from daycare and BAM there was Caitlyn Jenner. (Her son Burt owns our doggy daycare and he could be the most down to Earth, genuine person in the world. He really tries to stay away from any kind of media.) So I played it cool, said good morning to her and she talked to Molly. Every time I see a celebrity, it always blows my mind that they are real people out doing their thing on Saturday just like me, so I never ask for pictures/autographs.. I'm sure they get sick of it. Buttttt I had to snag this one as we were driving away because.. #pictureoritdidnthappen


Next we were off to lunch.. had to find somewhere that can handle a stroller (a LOT of LA restaurants are just too small!) and had outside seating because we had Molly.. So Panera it was! And Maddie Jane had her first carbs.. Little does she know, it's just a slippery slope from here.. She actually really didn't eat any, but chewing on that loaf kept her content the entire lunch #parentingwin


Quick outfit change because Maddie was covered in gooey half chewed bread and she was down for an afternoon snooze. Oh that sweet baby... it's so hard for me to let her sleep. I just want to cuddle her!! (side note: yes she has an ugly scratch on her face.. I'm constantly cutting her nails and she's constantly flailing her arms.. sigh)


Nap time for Maddie Jane = Happy Hour on the balcony for parents!


Ohhh my husband knows my love language.. flowers and red wine. (And Oreos too, because I refuse to buy them, but if they are in the house....)


It was like Maddie girl KNEW what day it was.. She woke up around 5:30, took a bottle, and went back to sleep until 10am!!! She never sleeps in like that! Mama got to enjoy HOT coffee (not heated up in the microwave three times), breakfast in bed and mimosas!! Can it be Mother's Day every Sunday!? 


AJ's dad and step mom sent me chocolate covered strawberries too!! May or may not had a few of those in bed too :)


After being lazy all morning, and an extra round of naps for everyone.. we finally made it out the house around 2pm to walk around Santa Monica and have a little sushi snack in between brunch and dinner. Oh this sweet baby.. she will always be the one who made me Mama. This day was so incredibly perfect and more meaningful than I could have ever imagined. 


And this guy.. he pulled out all the stops! We had a trip to Carlsbad planned and dinner reservations and that all went out the window when Maddie got sick this week. In a few days time he managed to plan an even better weekend, spent mostly at home in our pjs! He is my world, my rock.. BEYOND blessed to call him mine.


Maddie Jane was off to bed and we wrapped up the best day ever with my amazing Cabernet I got for Mother's Day and shrimp with pesto sauce. I am blown away by the calls/texts/gifts I received from so many loved ones helping me celebrate my first Mother's Day. I am so blessed God has allowed me to be a Mom and over the moon I get the keep this job the rest of my life!

Related Articles

1 comments:

  1. So sweet! You deserve the world for being the best Mama!

    ReplyDelete