In Weekends

Weekend Wrap Up

Hey Y'all! It was a great weekend at home! I was counting down the minutes on Friday till I could get to my girl. It was tough being away from her so much last week, but thankfully the weekend didn't completely fly by. 

Friday night we had a date night at a super authentic Chinese restaurant near our house we had been meaning to try. She was on the verge of tears the entire time and it was so stressful, but we were glad we got out. It's tough not changing your life for a baby.. most times I don't even want to try getting her out in public for fear of her having a meltdown, but I'm always glad when we do! Trying so hard to start her early so when it comes time for vacations or things we HAVE to do, she is a go with the flow kiddo. At least she always looks cute even while she's screaming, right?? (Thanks for the outfit Auntie Paige!)


Saturday we all hung out in our comfy clothes All.Day.Long. Maddie napped on and off. We deep cleaned the house and then watched about 37 episodes of Parenthood. ha! Seriously, I LOVE that show. I even have AJ watching it with me now. I know its going to be one of those I mourn when it's over.. 



And you may notice this little outfit from my Instagram account from last May when we announced we were having a baby!! Holy cow it is so weird to think she was just "Baby P" back then. We had NO idea what we were in store for!! 


Sunday morning we worked on tummy time. Goodness gracious I have worried about her lack of head control and not being able to roll over yet. I really need to stop reading all of these milestone posts about where babies "should be" at each age!! This is as high as she has been able to hold it - we cheer and clap every time she makes it off her face, ha! 


Sunday afternoon we headed to Maddie Jane's first gymnastics meet at UCLA because the Gym Dawgs were in town!! Man oh man I loved seeing my girl in red and black!! My mom and I have such special memories going to Gym Dawg meets when I was younger and I cannot wait to get MJ back to Georgia to experience the 10.0 club and Sundays spent in Athens!


She slept through most of it (thank you Jesus!), but AJ and I had a ball! I like when I am able to explain things to him for a change :) AND we got to see the first 10.0 on vault since 2009! It was a great first UGA event for Maddie to go to - very laid back, no crowds, and super close to home.


For the next 9 days it's just the two of us while Daddy is at Berkeley doing some research. My mom is coming Thursday night to help out, but please pray for us until then! I not only miss AJ for the extra set of hands, I just miss MY husband!! He is my rock, he keeps me grounded, he knows just what I need at the end of a hard day. I'm probably going to shed some tears this week, but I know I'm going to feel like superwoman at the end of it!!  And uh.. no menu this week! Mama lives off frozen chicken nuggets and cheeze its when Dad is away! 

Related Articles

1 comments:

  1. I love all of the outfits!! Of course the one I bought and the one I monogrammed but I teared up when I saw her in the gray onesie and wondered if you would mention that you got it when you first found out you were pregnant!! I remembered it as soon as I saw it!! So cute!!! You and MJ can FaceTime me any time you want this week!

    ReplyDelete