In Home Moving

Bathroom Remodel


Finally getting some more house pics up! When we bought our house in North Carolina, we knew we had some updates to do before we could move in. Nothing structural, all just cosmetic to get the house out of the 90s :) You can see our kitchen remodel back HERE

Before I dive into what our master bathroom looks like now, let's take a second to appreciate the before. Typical 90s/early 2000s builder grade style. While I do love to soak in the tub, this thing was just too bulky and taking up sooo much space. And the dark colors didn't help by making the space feel even more claustrophobic. 


So here's a list of what we did: 
Ripped out the old tub and replaced it with a modern standalone 
Removed the dated light fixtures
Removed the dark back splash and updated the paint color to Repose Grey
Painted the vanities a nice white (can't remember the color!) and replaced the hardware
Changed out the floor to a dark tile
Replaced the mirrors with modern, circular wood mirrors
Replaced the decorative insert tile in the shower

**By keeping a lot of the existing components, and doing mostly aesthetic work, this project wasn't a budget breaker! I think AJ was pretty shocked at how low I kept this one :) 



Because this shower was practically brand new and REALLY nice quality, I couldn't bring myself to rip it out even though it wasn't my style. The only change I made was replacing the accent tile with a more neutral pallet. I don't love the cream wall tile or the browns on the floor tile, but I used the wood mirrors, bathtub tray, and laundry basket to bring it all together. 
  



Again these vanities aren't my first choice, but they were in perfect condition.. So we slapped a coat of paint on them and will live with them (and the counter tops) for several more years.


Dark bathroom floors were at the tip top of my list and I was so glad I could make it work in here. We had gorgeous white marble floors in our old house, but oh my gosh they were impossible to keep clean. These don't show a thing, and I love how they tie the bathroom together. 


T-minus 20 weeks until that glass has wine not water :) But seriously, this tub is amazing. Maddie and I both use it all.the.time. And tip - the ones at Loews/HD are absolutely insane. I snagged this one off Wayfair and I could not be happier! 




And that's it! It feels so incredibly spacious; AJ and I are never running over each other getting ready. And the light colors and modern design just make the start to our mornings a little bit better :)



Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment