In AJ Home Moving

We're moving... again.



Back last December when we finally purchased our very first home, we thought we would be in it for at LEAST five years. We completely re-did the backyard, put in hardwoods, installed a playground for MJ, plantation shutters, the works! And well life happened... 

AJ was contacted on LinkedIn about a job in Charlotte, NC and we both literally laughed out loud. There was NO way we were going to move to North Carolina when we had finally made it back to our beloved Atlanta. So AJ threw out an astronomical number and said he would move for that and they said.. okay, done. We were blown away and then this ridiculous idea became more of a real possibility. 

He interviewed with them, but everyday leading up to that, it still wasn't real to us. But then he fell in love the company, the technologies, the team, and the insane opportunity that this would afford him professionally and us financially as a family. 


I had originally thought I would just stay in Atlanta and AJ would commute back and forth to Charlotte each week. (It's only a 3.5 hr drive.) But then reality set in and raising an almost three year old, a dog, working full time, and running a household seemed like a very daunting life. So we spent the last two weekends in the Charlotte area looking around at different neighborhoods, and I'm finally on board! 


We have a big FOR SALE sign in our yard in Atlanta and we are closing on this gorgeous house at the end of the month. It's in a smaller town outside of Charlotte, called Huntersville. (Where AJ's office is located.)  This area is so incredibly affordable - we are getting DOUBLE the square footage for the exact same price as our ATL house. We have some renovations to do, and I am excited to put my touch on it. 


My company is also incredibly generous enough to allow me to work remotely part time. I feel so incredibly blessed that AJ's job is going to let me scale back on working and spend more time with my girl. We are going to enroll MJ in a small half day preschool and she will get to pal around with me in the afternoons! 

If you would have told me this two months ago, I wouldn't have believed you for a second. Never say never, huh? Life is crazy and I am so lucky to have some amazing friends and family rooting me on from the sidelines to keep rolling with what life throws. 

Here's to the Pryors moving to the Queen City!

Related Articles

1 comments:

  1. Girl, this is wild & so, so awesome! What gorgeous cities you've had the chance to dwell in. Cannot wait to see you make that stunning house a home. What a beaut!
    I also love the way you wrote this post - so humble & real. xo!

    ReplyDelete