In Friends Girlfriends Maddie Jane Weekends

Weekend Rewind


Hey, hey y'all! We had the BEST weekend. After so much hoopla going on over the past month, it was so good to just spend some time at home. Friday night AJ had a meeting that ran pretty late, so Maddie Jane and I hung out outside soaking up the amazing weather. (Side note: she picked out this little ensemble.. clearly she has spent some time at Gigi and CC's lately..)


AJ's mom gave him a Home Depot card for his birthday and I was certain he would spend it on mulch or some new power tool... But much to my surprise, he came back from Home Depot with $200 worth of flowers, ha! 


They DO look really good! Fingers crossed we don't kill them. He also came home with my early Mother's Day present!! We have had a little leaf blower, that took me charging it three times just to get the driveway clean. Having a clean drive way is my JAM and I have been wanting one of these bad boys for forever!! #bestpresentever


Seriously y'all. This leaf blower is solid gold. I also pulled weeds all along the right side of the driveway and put out pine straw. 40 bales down... 10 to go! 


I have been on the hunt for something to go on the bottom of this little table. I ran into Home Goods during Maddie Jane's nap and this little guy caught my eye on the clearance aisle! Regular $30 and I got it for $7 because of a bulge in the tin. Bet you can't even tell, can you?? 


Saturday night Beverly and Ben came over to grill out. This little spit fire talked everyone into running around with her pink cape! And for some reason she calls Ben, "Pepe" ??? She had us all in stitches.


We grilled corn and chicken and Bev made a strawberry salad and some cheesey orzo. Then we topped the night off with key lime pie and several rounds of Table Topics. 


After such a busy Saturday, we took Sunday very slow.. Maddie Jane even napped with me that afternoon! I never get two hours of snuggles and I loved every minute of it! 


AJ has been binge watching Stranger Things and I have happily read my book (Little Fires Everywhere) while he does so. And shout out to a make up free Sunday.


Lastly, Kell and I topped off the weekend with rose and chit chat in the backyard. She's leaving me for Italy on Friday, so we had to get our girl time in! What a PERFECT weekend!! Ahh. I needed that.

Related Articles

1 comments:

  1. Love all the backyard socializing you did this weekend! That clearance find is spot on! Good eye.

    ReplyDelete