In Five on Friday

Five on Friday!

Hey y'all! So I have found a new (to me) blog that I am in looove with! Christina over at Carolina Charm is just the cutest!! So I am trying out a new link up with her and a few other ladies called "Five on Friday". (ALSO - three blog posts in one week?! I'd say I am officially back on the train!)


one. this wine glass. When we lived in California I was pretty much an exclusive Napa cab drinker. But now that we have moved back down South, it is just wayyyy too hot to sit on the patio with red wine. So I have purchased alllll the cheap sav blanc from Trader Joe's and I use THIS glass that you store in the freezer to keep it iced cold. Seriously, so worth it. If you're a white drinker, treat ya self. You won't regret it :) 



two. ms. jenny. Ohh my heart. Maddie's daycare owner back in California was sooo in love with our girl. She treated her like her own and always had such a special place for Maddie Jane. We text back and forth weekly with updates. I sent Jenny this picture the other night of MJ squeezing the bunny we lovingly call "Jenny Bunny" that she gave MJ on her last day..



It just breaks my heart that our girl won't have Ms. Jenny regularly in her life. The sweet lady that kept me when I was younger, Ms. Dorothy, was at my wedding!! I am so going to do my best to stay in touch with Jenny!


three. girl time. Last night I met Kayley down in Vinings to get our nails done. It was SO good to catch up with this sweet friend and have a little girl time. We talked non-stop for two hours straight. Love when you can just pick right back up where you left off. 



We went to this super boujee place (totally appropriate for us, right K? HA) It was gorgeous and SO clean and actually cheaper than a couple of little hole in the wall places I have been to around town. We pinky promised to make it a monthly thing. AHHH being home is good. So good.



four. eating from our garden. AJ and I have loved having fresh herbs again and are doing pretty well with our tomatoes too! We actually have so many herbs, we are having to give them away to keep them cut back enough to grow!! 



This week AJ had a sandwich with tomatoes and fresh basil from our garden. There is just something so good about eating things you grew yourself, right?? 



five. our home. Everything is slowly, but surely coming together with our home!! Last night I picked up this lamp and succulent from A Classy Flea for $40 total! (Need to hide those dang cords..) I am sooo close to having everything decorated. Just a couple more touches and I can do a home tour on the blog! 



I hope everyone has a great holiday weekend! We have been going or had company every single weekend since we moved, so we are SO excited to just stay home! See y'all back here next week!!

xoxo,

Related Articles

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to buy a couple of those wine glasses! We've been drinking so much sav blanc lately, so they would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous of people who have gardens. I would love to have a garden, but I'm not good at keeping things alive. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete