In Amazon Father's Day Maddie Jane Menu Monday What's Up Wednesday

What's Up Wednesday

 Like every month, I'm joining MelShay, and Sheaffer for their What's Up Wednesday link-up!


1. What we're eating this week...
Monday: We hit up Buford Highway Farmer's Market and stocked up on fish, pork, chicken to last us three weeks for under $60!! So Monday night, we had grilled herb stuffed tilapia and sauteed mushrooms. We are LOVING having a grill on the deck.

Tuesday: Last night we finally busted out our Vegetable Spiralizer we got for Christmas and made Turkey Bolognese with Zucchini "Noodles". It was SO good, SO healthy, and SO cheap (like $4 for both of us!) We will definitely be trying this guy out on more vegetables!


Wednesday: We are having grilled chicken quarters (that we got for $1.50 for a three pack!!) and roasted fingerling potatoes. See a theme here? We grill every night, ha!

Thursday: Last week I also stocked up on Trader Joe's favorites while I was in the city (#OTPproblems). Their fried rice is so much easier, so much tastier, and so much cheaper than when we do it on our own. Total win all around!! We are throwing in some shrimp, a fried egg, (and maybe a little yum yum sauce, oops!) and calling it a day :)
Friday: Rounding out the week with some grilled butterfly pork chops and roasted corn.. Because y'all.. It is 3 ears for a dollar and SO sweet right now!! You can find it on our menu every week until Labor Day.


2. What I'm reminiscing about...
Our mini-vacation with the Jones' family. You can read all about our #jonespartyof20 trip HERE.

Also still thinking about what a great weekend we had for Father's Day!! You find that recap back HERE.


 3. What I'm loving... 

My new hair!! Last Friday I chopped off 9 inches and it feels SO good. I get so bored with my hair.. I have been super short, insanely long, blonde, brown, RED. And it is so dang hot, drying this mop was pretty painful. So I have been itching to do this big chop for quite some time!! 

I donated my hair back in 2013 and knew I wanted to do it again. So I was waiting to make sure I had enough. I sent these locks back to Children With Hair Loss like I did last time. Love this organization and that they are providing wigs for sweet kiddos FREE of charge. 



4. What we've been up to...
Well.. we bought a car! We sold our Volvo back in California because it was just not worth bringing it across the country. We have been looking for a small SUV for a few weeks and I kept coming back to the GMC Terrain. When we found a STEAL of a deal up in Cartersville one day, we packed the family up, grabbed Chick fil A and headed up north to get this beauty. I am loving it!! 

In addition to Father's Day... and a Lake Weekend.. we have been doing a lot of outdoor sitting. Maddie calls this her "bath" and strips her clothes off every chance she gets to get in.


Accompanying our many evenings sitting on the deck, grilling up yumminess, and taking "baths", AJ has been serving up some great cocktails too. We have declared a new cocktail recipe per week is on the To Do list! 



5. What I'm dreading... 
Nothing right now! Life is good and the living is easy!

6. What I'm working on...
Keeping our herbs, flowers and tomatoes alive! They struggled a bit while we were on vacation, but I am being pretty diligent on their TLC. 


Last night we picked our first crop off the tomato plant!! Fingers crossed I can keep my green thumb up :)



7. What I'm excited about...
This girl has finally adjusted to daycare!! We spent several mornings dealing with complete meltdowns at school, but she is a pro now! She goes right in, washes her hands, and sits down at her table to wait for breakfast. So proud of her and her resilient self!! 



8. What I'm watching/reading...
Beverly invited me to join her monthly book club and I read this month's book in a DAY. It was such an easy read and the end really surprised me. We have plans to watch the movie next month! You can read more about it and buy it HERE.
July's book club book is The Nightingale. I have picked it up a couple times and just can't get into it. I need some good alone time to really dig in.. Hint, hint hubby :) You can read more about it and buy it HERE.


On the TV front, I have completely given up on The Bachelorette. I just could not get into it this season.. and I can't dedicate several hours a week to a boring show.. SO AJ and I have finally started the new season of Orange is the New Black. So far, so good.


9. What I'm listening to...
Podcasts! AJ and I have been podcast binging a lot lately while we do chores, work, etc. While he is more into the crime shows, I have been enjoying some girl talk. I love the LadyGang.. three girls, gossiping about pop culture, with no filter. Yes ma'am.


Also loooving Off The Vine with Kaitlyn Bristowe. She is hilarious on SnapChat, so I was pretty pumped to hear about her podcast. And let me tell ya.. it doesn't disappoint.



10. What I'm wearing...
A grand total of ONE picture of my outfits this month.. BUT I finally have my closet organized and should be better about putting together fun outfits and remembering to take pics, ha! I ordered these shoes and the jury is still out if I like them or not.. 
Similar Shoes 



11. What I'm doing this weekend...

We finally have a weekend at home with no plans!! We have had things going on since we moved, so we are excited to spend some time together as a fam.. most likely on the back deck or downtown Woodstock:)


12. What I'm looking forward to next month... 
Celebrating the 4th of July in our little town, Mom and I are going to a concert together, Honey is coming to visit, and we have several dinner dates with friends planned. Loving summertime in Georgia :) 

XOXO,

Related Articles

1 comments: