In Menu Monday Recipes

What We're Eating..


Hey, hey! I love looking back at these posts when we get in dinner ruts, so here is a little of what we are eating lately.. I have been on the struggle bus with meal planning and just food in general. Most of our meals have been every man for himself with my complete detest of meat. But with my newfound energy in the second trimester, I was determined to get back to meal planning! Last Saturday I got out my pen and paper and made a plan! 


This was a new one - a twist on chicken parmesan. Texas toast, shredded chicken mixed with pizza sauce, and topped with parmesan cheese and paired with a side salad. I cooked 5 breasts, got out our portion for dinner ,and AJ had stuff for his lunch pitas all week! (I ended up just eating the bread and salad bc #meat, but AJ LOVED this!) Def will be swapping out different seasoning/toppings for this quick/easy dinner.


On Sunday night we had planned to eat with the Meisers. Unfortunately they got sick, so we headed into the city for a family date night at CowFish. We ate there in Atlanta alllll the time, and I am so happy to have one in Charlotte too! LOVE this combo of sushi, cheeseburgers, french fries and edemame. All my favorite worlds combined!


Monday night we had sweet potato gnocchi with brown butter and sage and fried zucchini. Our sweet potato gnocchi was from Trader Joes - it was good, but I've had better... And the zucchini!! This picture is a complete injustice to how amazing it was.. I slice them pretty slim, toss with olive oil and parmesan cheese and toss it in the air fryer for 10 mins. Prob why I have such an awful pic.. we were devouring these bad boys the second they came out. 


On Tuesday night we had AJ's work team over for a potluck. Each month they switch up whose house it is hosted at - we were excited to have our turn! Maddie Jane made it through about an hour of the party, then it was time for bath and bed. And since it was Mardi Gras, I was determined to have a King Cake. Of course every store in Charlotte was out of them, so I made my own.. and baby Jesus may have been substituted for Peppa Pig, but it was good nonetheless!! With this big undertaking, I kept my other contribution super simple with pigs in a blanket. 


Wednesday night we had Trader Joe's chili lime chicken burgers. (We eat them with no bun or toppings - they are THAT good!) And I paired them with a summer pasta salad. You can find the recipe HERE - it is incredibly good.. and even better the next day! 


On Thursday I had planned to have Trader Joe's orange chicken (see a TJs theme here? ha). but we still had so much food in our fridge from the week, that we did a clean out instead. Fun tip - I always save the frozen/pantry meals for the end of the week. That way if something comes up or you just need to clean out, that meal can easily be saved for later and nothing goes bad. 


As far as breakfast and lunch goes around here - I go in phases. The past couple weeks I have had greek yogurt with chopped fruit and granola. I CRAVE it and sometimes even eat it for dinner too! (previous weeks it has been breakfast burritos or hot ham and cheese..) AJ grabs a power bar at work for breakfast. I have done well with packing his lunches - lots of raw veggies, shredded chicken, hummus and a pita is what's usually on the menu for him. I can stomach tuna salad, fruit, carrots and ranch.. it's a toss up for me.. But nevertheless we are doing great at not eating out, ha! 

I have two more days of posts already scheduled! So come back tomorrow and the next day :) 


Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment