In Little Things

February Little Things


Catching up on all the little things in February! Pic above.. we had a TON of apples for some reason, so Maddie and Daddy decided to make an apple pie from scratch! It was delish! 


Maddie Jane in her disaster of a playroom.. she told me, "Quiet, I'm working like Daddy." 


At the beginning of the month we celebrated cousin Luke's first birthday! It is sooo nice having our cousins live on our street. Watching these kiddos grow up together and form little relationships is just the sweetest. 


Maddie Jane took her first ever trip to the library in February! She was PUMPED to get a library card to put in her purse. 


And she was quiet for about 15% of the time we were there.... ugh. But we have gone back several times since and we are working on it :) 


We had some gloriously warm, sunny days in February (and have since had 40 days and nights of cold rain).. so glad Molly and I took some time to soak it up! Love being able to take my laptop outside and work on nice days!


Maddie Jane was beside herself when Anna Kat asked her to be her flower girl!! We can't wait for June!! 


Lexie gave me tickets to Iliza Shlesinger for my birthday - the date was moved, so we spent the weekend in Atlanta to see the show!! (Thank you Lex!) It was hilarious.. I don't think I've ever laughed for two hours straight like that.. 


While we were in Atlanta, we were able to fit in a lunch with some of our college friends! Kate was so sweet to let MJ fix her hair :)


And it was conveniently Matt's birthday, so we celebrated :) 


AND I always struggle letting someone new do my hair.. so while we were in Atlanta, I made an appointment with my girl to get a fresh color. LOVE it.


Back home.. and back to cooking! 


Gigi sent an EPIC Valentine's Day package. I mean ... look at that face! 


And the hair and bag had to go with us to our dentist appointment the next day.. Girl ROCKED her second dentist appointment. She giggled the entire time and had no cavities! Woo! 


I was getting some work done in my office and my two shadows insisted on joining.. 


Another Valentine's package from Gramps and K! 



I think these are my favorite flowers I've ever received from AJ.. loved this little Valentines surprise :)


I went to Maddie Jane's school for her Valentine's party. So fortunate to work part time now and get to do these fun things with her.


And I threw together a very subtle Valentine's dinner for the fam, ha! But seriously, I had almost all of this stuff leftover from birthday parties or showers. Maddie Jane AND AJ both were blown away by this. Makes my day seeing their faces light up.


And Honey sent a package of Valentine's window clings.. so we kept the subtle decorations going! 





We loooove our lazy Wednesday and Friday mornings together :) 


We had a babysitter for a belted Valentine's date. 


On President's day I took Maddie Jane to an indoor water park in Charlotte. She was beside herself with excitement! 



Girlfriend kept getting water in her mouth because she couldn't stop smiling so much!! We had the best time, it wasn't crowded, it was very clean, and everyone slept really well that night :) 



Jasmine is her favorite Disney character this month. She talks about her nonstop! 


We went back to the library for a toddler story time.. She is also insisting on braids almost daily. Her hair is super fine, but I am making progress! 


And our poor pup had to have a little surgery. She went under anesthesia for a teeth cleaning.. While they were in there, they discovered a tumor and a couple teeth that needed removing. THANK GOODNESS the tumor came back as benign and our old girl is as good as new! 


Mom took Maddie Jane for the weekend and we had a verryyy relaxing parents' only weekend. I asked AJ what he wanted to do and he said eat out every meal, ha! It's just so different being in a restaurant without a toddler.. So date night number 1 for sushi! 


Then I found this place for brunch on Yelp. We were the only ones in there and I have NO idea why. Seriously top 3 brunches of my LIFE. 


I dragged him to HomeGoods then we went to the movies. We saw Green Book and it was really good! (Not Oscar worthy.. I don't think it should have won. But good nonetheless..) And I may have dozed off a couple times.. oops! Totally not the movie's fault.. just pregnant lady problems.


Brunch was so good... we went back the next day! This crab cake eggs Benedict with fried green tomatoes... HOLY YUM.


After breakfast and a nap, we drove to Columbia to meet mom and get Maddie Jane. Gigi and CC looked exhausted! But they had the best weekend. and we were so happy to have our girl back! Since we had to drive through the city to get back home.. we decided to go to the water park again. A lot more crowded on a weekend, but still SO much fun! Our little fish would swim all day, every day if we let her. 


And that's February! Feels good to get these sweet, everyday memories documented. And three blog posts in three days! Thanks for following along :) 

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment