In Books bucket list NYE

2018 Review

Books I read... 

I think I read more this year than I ever have!  I am always either reading on my kindle/phone or have an audio book going. (And sometimes both!) I have it on my Bucket List to read 52 books in a year.. after reading 26 this year, that seems crazy hard! Maybe when I don't have kids in the house.. I read some of the BEST books this year and I starred my favorites. Seriously though they were ALL good (With the exception of The Nightingale.. I hated that book. Even though everrryyyone else in my book club loved it). 
  1. Crazy Rich Asians**
  2. China Rich Girlfriend**
  3. Rich People Problems**
  4. When Life Gives You Lululemons
  5. All We Ever Wanted
  6. Girl Wash Your Face
  7. The Wife Between Us**
  8. High Tide Club
  9. Little Fires Everywhere
  10. Single State of Mind
  11. Of Mess and Moxie
  12. If You Only Knew
  13. My One and Only
  14. The Nighingale
  15. My Oxford Year**
  16. Swear on This Life** (I think this was THE best one.) 
  17. The Hate U Give**
  18. All Your Perfects
  19. Match Making for Beginners
  20. Big Sexy Love
  21. The Nest
  22. Educated: A Memoir
  23. Whiskey in a Teacup
  24. Primates of Park Avenue
  25. On Second Thought
  26. The Woman in the Window**

Updates to the Bucket List...
  • Surf in Hawaii.. well I kinda did, more like paddle boarding, but I'm going to take it
  • Go to a luau in Hawaii.. same trip! And best trip with some of my favorites! 
  • Create a space only for me. My office! Which I need to blog about.. 
  • Go to a BCS National Championship Game. I never blogged about it. I should.. I am not lying when I say after my wedding day and the day I gave birth to Maddie Jane, it seriously was the best day of my life. AND WE DIDN'T EVEN WIN. I can't imagine winning. Okay, okay.. I'm going to write a blog about it.
  • Go to the European Christmas Markets.. another thing, another blog I need to do. See a theme here? 
Most Read Blog Posts
Top 9 on Instagram

  1. AJ's Doctoral Hooding
  2. My 29th birthday: I had a D&C for the baby we lost
  3. Maddie Jane's first day of school in North Carolina post
  4. Maddie Jane on Halloween
  5. Just a random picture of my girl in the park! 
  6. Our 5th anniversary in Chicago 
  7. Maddie Jane's 3rd birthday post
  8. Tailgating for a Georgia Tech game
  9. A family pic from Hawaii 

2018 was ... a lot. We struggled..We were blindsided by secondary infertility then lost a child. We were stressed.. We bought two houses in less than twelve months, moved to a new state, and took on a major renovation. We traveled!! To Chicago, LA, Hawaii, and Europe. We were blessed.. with so much more time with friends and family being back on the east coast. We were lucky.. even with the bad, there was SO much good. I am thankful for 2018 and the things it taught me, the changes we made, and the amazing memories made.. So excited to see what 2019 has in store! 

Related Articles

1 comments:

  1. Goodness! Such a big year for your family. I cannot imagine buying 2 homes in 12 months. You should really be proud of all you tackled! Glad things ended on a high note.

    (Also, this is Jess from Silex in the City, I just launched a blog re-brand today - hope you can still follow along - rootsoutwest.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete