In Healthy Eating Menu Monday Recipes

What we're eating..

The past couple nights we have had some seriously yummy meals, and they were all things I've never put on the blog. So.. I decided to write them down to reference later when we are in a dinner rut! Also I'm trying to lose the pesky 10 lbs I gain every single summer, so I'll be adding a healthy tag to this to reference next summer, ugh. 


Mexican Zucchini Boats
Zucchini at Kroger is so cheap and so fresh, so I doubled down on it. This meal is insanely easy. Split the zucchini in half and pre bake them for 15 minutes or so. Next brown some beef/turkey, pork, and add taco seasoning. Pile that in the "boat," add mexican cheese, and pop back in the oven to broil. Top it with green onions and a little sour cream and voila! 


 Salmon Burgers w/Avocado & Bacon
I was soooo skeptical when I found these salmon burgers in the freezer section at Kroger, but they are on repeat now in the Pryor household! Last time we had them with big ole fluffy potato rolls and an aioli and they were MUCH better but.. tight pants = no carbs. So you bake the patties and the bacon on a sheet pan in the oven, smash an avocado with a pinch of salt, and pile it all together with a simple side. And dinner is ready in like 25 mins. 


Zoodles Chicken Stir Fry
For zucchini round two, we used our spiralizer and made zoodles. AJ marinated the zoodles with Asian sauces (soy, rice wine vinegar, etc.) and set them off to the side. We sauteed red onion, green beans, mushrooms, and chicken and mixed them all together. We served them with green onions AND I had it for lunch the next day. Delicious! 

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment