In AJ Fourth of July Maddie Jane

Fourth of July

I was getting my post ready for Friday Favorites tomorrow and realized I had not blogged the 4th of July!! Oops!!! So let me give you a real quick recap of our first 4th in Dunwoody :) 


The parade in Dunwoody was scheduled for 9am, so we grabbed some Starbucks and walked around to find a spot to catch the action.


We def made a mistake of sitting at the end of the route, so the parade didn't really get to us until 9:45.. it was HOT, and we didn't have much to entertain MJ.. she did great all things considered! 


This girl has turned into a 100% Daddy's girl lately. She calls for him if she wakes up in the middle of the night, wants him to pick her up, and he is the ONLY one who can push her on the swing. And well... I'm not complaining, ha! 


We headed home for a nap, grilled up some burgers, then we hit our neighborhood pool party! 




It was PACKED, but we had such a good time! We stayed till almost 6pm!



After a quick shower, we headed to a backyard party in our neighborhood. I was so busy meeting new people and chasing the nugget, that this was the ONLY picture I snagged. It was SUCH a good night - we met so many families in the same stage of life as us.. similar aged kids.. finding that kind of tribe has been so high on my list for so long. 


And then there were illegal neighborhood fireworks, ha! 


Maddie Jane was pretty unsure of the big fireworks (she kept saying the sky was getting an owie, haha!) but the sparklers were her jam. 



It was a really great holiday, spent all within a couple miles of our house. SO thankful I didn't have to be into work until noon, because we all crashed in bed after 11pm! 

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment