In Family Maddie Jane Molly Weekends

Life lately



I need to do a big dump on the blog from the last few weeks, because we go to Los Angeles today and Hawaii Friday!!!!

A couple weeks ago, the Turners just happened to be in Atlanta, so they stopped by for some swimming and grilling before heading home. Maddie Jane LOVES Peyton Turner so stinkin much.



The next morning when she woke up, the first words out of her mouth.. "Peyt Peyt where are you??"



Just a little after school pic with her daily apple..



And she had to jump out of her car to show me her dance moves, ha!



These two!! My girls. They have the sweetest friendship.



Last week AJ was in New Orleans for work and due to some awful traffic, I wasn't able to get MJ over to Kelley's before my hair appointment.. I bribed her with all the ice cream and chips, but she was kiiiiinda a nightmare.



A few minutes into the appointment, Kelley showed up to grab Maddie Jane, took her to her house, fed and bathed her, and brought me a sippy cup of wine. YOU GUYS. I had already had an awful, terrible, no good, very bad, day. And when Kelley showed up, I literally started crying. She's a saint, that one.



I grabbed Maddie Jane and we finally made it home around 9pm. I get home to this bottle of wine (my favorite!) and this note from Nico and Alix. They had ran over to our house to take Molly for a few days to help me out with all the craziness. And well.. I cried again. It takes a village. And my tribe is the absolute best. I am so so lucky to have such amazing people in my life.



Fortunately the next couple days of AJ being gone were nice and easy. And Maddie Jane and I ate lots of alfredo and chicken nuggets and spent alllll our time outside.



Mom sent me flowers to work for passing the SHRM and Samantha flower's for a little chemo encouragement. My Mom is the BEST. Always there with a little pick-me-up when it's needed most.



Thursday night AJ was in route home and I ended up with Maddie Jane in urgent care. Fortunately, the new Children's Healthcare Clinic down the road was absolutely amazing and we were home by 9pm with antibiotics in hand. WHAT A WEEK. (Oh and our air conditioner stopped working again too. Welcome home, Daddy!!!)



After our fun lake weekend that you can read about back HERE. I had a small procedure done on Monday. I have been dealing with awful back pain that shoots down my legs and makes my feet numb. After an MRI, I found out I have degenerative disc disease -- step 1 is steroid shots in my spine under local anesthesia. We are going to do 1-4 of these and see how that works!


And last night Maddie Jane was surprised with her very own playground in our backyard! She is absolutely beside herself. Getting dressed this morning was an absolute breeze - not one squabble over her outfit or shoes - she just wanted to go play!! 





WHEW. Thanks for hanging with me through all that. Los Angeles this afternoon for AJ's hooding for his PhD and then off to the Big Island for vacation to celebrate!!! Can't wait to tell you guys all about it :)

Related Articles

2 comments:

  1. Have a blast, you deserve it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love me some life lately reading - this was a good one. From this post it's definitely clear how stellar your tribe is..wine & flowers, say no more. Enjoy the travels!!!!

    ReplyDelete