In Date Night Maddie Jane Weekends What's Up Wednesday

What’s Up Wednesday {May Edition}

The last Wednesday of every month I link up with Mel, Shay and Sheaffer for What's Up Wednesday. I am completely BLOWN AWAY that it is the end of May. Where the heck did time go!? Strap in for a big ole post recapping it.

1. What we're eating...
Our fridge is still so stinkin packed full of all the goodies Honey filled it with, so we did a quick trip to Trader Joe's to stock up on essentials and some fillers. This was the first time I let Maddie Jane use the mini-cart in TJ's because there was not many people in there. And you guys... she was OVER the moon. 


2. What I'm reminiscing about...
Our anniversary trip to Chicago! It was the best little get away with Age. He is my #1 person and having intentional time together can be tough to fit in, but it is SO important!! I never want to stop dating him :) You can read about that mushy lovey weekend HERE.

Also still reminiscing about Bev's super dreamy wedding!! She got her wedding pictures back and they are ahhhmazing. Here is a little sneak of us, but I'll let her divulge the rest :) In the meantime, you can read about the weekend HERE.


3. What I'm loving...
Our community pool!! We were a little hesitant to join because it was kinda pricey, BUT it has been the best decision ever! Maddie Jane is such a fish and asks us pretty much every hour if it's swimming time. There is a pool, tennis court, a kegerator, social activities, playground.. and SO many other families the same stage in life as us.

The big kids are SO sweet with her, and have even talked her into already jumping off the diving board! And she has been having some serious play time with her friend from down the street, Natalie. They are THE cutest together and equally bossy, ha! We have met a ton of people and have enjoyed all the things this little social club has to offer!


4. What we've been up to...
Honey was in town this weekend!! We ate.. and drank.. and played outside.. and did it all over again a million times. It was the best weekend and we were SO happy to see her after 5 long months! 




I am not a fan of musicals, but Maddie Jane sure is!! And theater was Honey's major in college, so they had the best time watching broadway on YoutTube! She is such a performer.. I probably need to learn to like musicals... ha!


She spoiled us ALL rotten as usual. And thankfully we only have to go two weeks before we see her again!!



5. What I'm dreading...
Samantha has her third round of chemo tomorrow. I hate seeing this girl suffer, but thankfully her symptoms have been mild for the most part. Say a little prayer for her that it continues that way! 

I feel pretty helpless in helping her with this battle. She has been SO incredibly brave and never complains.. A few weeks ago MJ and I wore our violet in her honor. 



6. What I'm working on...
Our backyard!! We have finished phase one and they started phase two today! We are so happy with the progress and are looking forward to spending much more time out here!  

Honey helped me pick out some decorative pillows and I couldn't love them more. Phase two is doing a paver walkway from the backdoor and then phase three will be putting a roof over it. BUT that phase is going to have to wait until we save our pennies up! 


 7. What I'm excited about...
We had a big celebration at work to celebrate reaching 400 contractor headcount! Such a huge accomplishment for our little tiny firm.

Our Ops team in Atlanta planned a freaking awesome celebration too! Balloons, breakfast, mimosas, and LRC to win cash (seriously look that game up!)


We stayed late on Tuesday night to create this balloon garland and hung it from the ceiling. And now I want to create balloon garland for EVERY single celebration in my life, haha!



 8. What I'm watching/reading...
I started binge watching Riverdale and I am low key obsessed.. and embarrassed ha! It's pretty juvenile, but I can't stop watching. It's an easy watch if you have some time on your hands.. or want to delay bed time 3 hours haha

And I'm reading Little Fires Everywhere. It was a little slow to begin with, but I'm really enjoying it now and almost done! It has some twists and turns that will make you think about adopting outside of your race.


9. What I'm listening to...
"I'm Bringing Home a Baby Bumble Bee" per Madelyn Jane. Every single day. 


10. What I'm wearing...
A little casual Friday action..

And then you will see me in these shoes EVERY other day of the week, ha! 





11. What I'm doing this weekend...
Well when Bev and I went to the Sip and Stroll in Brookhaven, we entered to win VIP Food and Wine tickets and I WON THEM. We promised each other if we won we would take the other. SO I have a really freaking amazing day date with Bevvie!! Meanwhile AJ will be taking MJ to a birthday party..  Swimming.. Bike riding.. And we will wrap up Sunday with some family time before AJ leaves on a business trip. (This girl is so proud of herself and how fast she can go on her bike!)


    12. What I'm looking forward to next month... 
THIS GUY IS GRADUATING!!!! He defended his dissertation and his fancy garments came in the mail! We are headed to LA in two weeks for his graduation and then from there going to Hawaii!! I can't even put into words how proud of him I am. I am so incredibly thankful for his dedication and perseverance he has put forth to support our family while working on his PhD! We love you BIG babe!! 


xoxo, 
Anna-Grace 

Related Articles

2 comments:

  1. Loved this catch up post! You should post a DIY on balloon garlands - would love to learn how to make that! I also found Riverdale addicting and so did my man. We were also mildly embarrassed. Your outfits are too cute as is your work team. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it the truth that you cannot...and should not...ever stop dating your love? When kids come along, it seems like the hardest thing to fit in, but you never regret a night out alone with them! Great post! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete