In Christmas Family Maddie Jane

Christmas(es) 2017


I'm not ready to talk about last night. I probably won't be for a few days weeks. So let me finally publish this post that has been sitting in draft for forever.. 

Oh my goodness Christmas was a whirlwind this year. We had six Christmas(es) to attend and I hardly took any pictures trying to soak in all the goodness of our sweet girl and this special season. I blogged about Christmas 1 & 2 back HERE. Christmas 3 was with my Dad's side of the family. We zoomed down to Sandersville Friday before Christmas when AJ got off work. 


We stayed at my Grandma's in Sandersville that night then headed to South Carolina to do Christmas with my mom, step dad, and step sisters. It was unusually hot for Christmas Eve, so we were sans tights! 


We roasted oysters and had shrimp and grits. Maddie Jane even ate oysters!! They were so, so good.



I had some new flannel pajamas and Mom decided to get everyone else matching ones as well! Love these two SO much. So lucky to have them :) 


And majority of my pictures of MJ at Christmas look like this.. complete blur! 


She LOVED unwrapping allll the presents. Even the ones that were not hers :) 


This guy.



On Christmas Eve it was back to Sandersville for dinner at Grandma's! I feel like this picture is a glimpse into my future... 


For Christmas Eve dinner, Grandma did her traditional Sunday lunch of fried chicken and all the fixings.


All set up for Santa!! Loved having our first big Santa run with my Aunt and Uncle from Arizona :) 


She was like WHAT THE HECK is going on!? And here is a big dumb from opening presents.. 







After a big brunch and a nap we headed over to the Hammocks to finally meet Harper! 


Maddie Jane did much better this time with me holding a baby and even held her too! 


And then Christmas night we had allllll the Jones clan over for oysters and a low country boil and more presents! 


Peyton is Maddie Jane's person. She is constantly glued to his side when he is around and he is sooo good with her :)






Grandma made us all aprons! 


And that night we packed up and headed back to Atlanta. It was late and we were exhausted, but when we woke up the next day at home for some down time, it was all worth it! We thought this Christmas was going to be a little more calm not getting on a plane, but it just gets busier and busier! I think next year we will just get everyone to come to us :) 

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment