In Home

We bought a house! 


So you may have noticed I have been on quite the struggle bus with the blog lately.. and that's because we bought a house! Holy cow this home buying process has been absolutely insane, and definitely not something I want to do again anyyyytime soon. But we did it! Thank goodness we had an amazing realtor by our side, because some insanely hard and complicated things came up. (My sweet cousin Becky was our realtor - if you need a realtor in ATL, please let me know! She will go to bat for you and get the job DONE.)

You may be thinking... wait, didn't they JUST move!? And the answer is yes, yes we did. We moved into our cute house in Woodstock, GA about 6 months ago. And I decorated it exactly to my liking and we were falling in love with that cute little town north west of Atlanta. But then AJ got an amazing job offer down in the city. He has been leaving around 4am every day so he can spend some amount of time with MJ before bed. And well that kind of life just can't last forever.. SO we are now first time homeowners in Dunwoody! (Right at the perimeter of the city for those of you not familiar with Atlanta.) We closed yesterday and move today!


But let me tell you.. this week has been a whirlwind. Maddie Jane got the stomach virus on Sunday, I got it on Monday, tried taking her back to school on Tuesday and then I got the dreaded call from daycare that she had a 102 fever. We spent 4 hours in urgent care.. respiratory infection, double ear infection, fifth disease, and talks of pneumonia. We were sent home with breathing treatments, steroids, and antibiotics. With orders she would have to be admitted if her fever didn't go down in two days. All while AJ and I were trying to still do our full time jobs and close on this house. THANK THE LORD my mother in law took an impromptu flight from Louisiana, because I'm not sure how I would still be above water right now. 


And this morning we woke up to a fresh blanket of snow. Perfect moving conditions right!? At this point, all we can do is laugh at what life has thrown us this week. What's that saying.. when it rains, it snows? ha! But we are almost to the finish line! Can't wait to show you the gorgeous inside of our house and tell you all the other things that have been happening lately.
UPDATE: Our movers just tried to quit because the roads are so slushy. I can't make this stuff up guys. This week has been something else.


Have a great weekend! 

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment