In Family Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving 


A month or two ago I offered up our house as a new venue for Thanksgiving. Little did I know it would be an insanely chaotic time in our life, but we made it happen and it was so perfect! I loved filling my home with so many people I love and making some pretty incredible memories with those sweet folks. This is going to be a pretty jam packed post of mostly pictures (thanks to our family shared album) and not much words. But I'm sure you don't mind :) 


Mom brought me up some eucalyptus, I scored bags of pumpkins for $1 at Wal Mart and threw some craft paper on the table and called it a day :)  


Maddie Jane is pretty enamored with all of her big cousins, but she has a special little bond with Peyton and it's THE sweetest thing.


Thankfully the weather was perfect and the sun was out for our feast outdoors! 




Shout out to Amanda for ensuring the kids would actually eat something! 




Aren't my grandparents the cutest? Traveling three hours and staying over night wasn't the easiest for them, but I am so incredibly thankful they did :) 





I don't think Molly was fed actual dog food for three days straight. She seriously lucked out! 



Gigi and CC! I'm so lucky to call them mine :) 



The Jones clan from Arizona joined us too!! They rented a house on Lake Allatoona just a couple miles down the road. 







Oh this sweet man of mine. We did a ton of yard work, and house cleaning, and a To Do list a mile long to pull together this weekend. I was/still am struggling with awful headaches, so he is the ONLY reason this was all possible. 



That was the BEST nap.


These are the corn hole boards from our wedding that Mr. Arlis and my Grandpa made (that I have painted over a couple times..) MANY tournaments were played on them this weekend and it was so nice having a little piece of P & B's Pops there. 



As the sun went down, we bundled up in blankets and roasted s'mores on the fire pit.


Maddie Jane found Barrett's mask and she thought it was HILARIOUS.


Friday night we did a shrimp/crab leg boil as our family members started to dwindle. 




These were Maddie Jane's first crab legs and to say she was a fan is an understatement. 




Saturday morning.. Game Day! AJ was pretty quiet because I think he knew what was coming :) 


Rob and Becky joined the party for our at-home tailgate. We had tried to get tickets but now I'm glad we didn't spend all that money for 10+ people to go. It was .. a blowout :) Glory, glory y'all.


Big R and Little R baked us some cookies! 


And this girl was jumping sides all day between saying Go Dawgs and Bzzzz. I know she will pick the right team in the end :)


Our Arizona family are Tech fans.. but we claim them anyway.



And Saturday night we brought out allllll the leftovers from the past 3 days and cleaned out the fridge! We spent more time outside and watched the rest of the days rivalry games. 



We were SO thankful our family came up and let us host our first ever holiday! After 6 years of apartment (and west coast) living, it is so nice to finally use some of those cute serving dishes I got at my wedding all those years ago, ha! 



Now on to the next thing... I know a sweet little girl that is turning TWO tomorrow!!! 

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment