In Birthdays Easter Family Gigi Maddie Jane Weekends What's Up Wednesday

What's Up Wednesday


The last Wednesday of every month I link up with Mel at The Larson LingoShay at Mix and Match Family, and Sheaffer at Pinterest Told Me To

 1. What we're eating this week...
You can find Maddie Jane eating all the blueberries, and blueberry muffins, and blueberry yogurt.. and sneaking Molly a bite too :)


Meanwhile, us parents are having..

Sunday: Butternut Squash Ravioli & Side Salad
Monday: Breakfast for Dinner!
Tuesday: Baked Cod & Squash Casserole
Wednesday: Chicken Fried Rice
Thursday: Chicken Sausage Pizza
Friday: Out to Eat! 


2. What I'm reminiscing about...
Getting back from our 10 day vacation and celebrating our favorite guy's birthday and Easter all on the same day!


His cake that I make every single year (key lime) completely flopped this year.. Ugh. So I scooped all the crumbs out, threw my homemade cream cheese frosting on top, and plopped a candle in it. Totally tastes the same, right?! 


Maddie Jane loved helping open presents! 


And was pumped to find out she got some too!! 


Maddie had quite the spread with both of my parents sending boxes of stuff too! 




3. What I'm loving... 
This girl's BIG personality. She is so much fun!! She always has us laughing.
If any of you know her cousin Barrett... they are two peas in a pod!! 


If it was up to her, she would be outside ALL day, EVERY day. 


Good thing this little family of mine will have a big yard in Georgia to run around in 30 days. I repeat, 30 DAYS.



4. What we've been up to...
A little coloring in our book from Gigi..


A little outdoor family dinner time at our favorite pizza spot..



Some serious relaxing after our big travels earlier in the month..


And soaking up the last bit of the pretty perfect California weather..


With lots of family walks.. that conveniently end up at Penguin's ice cream :) 



5. What I'm dreading... 
Getting this girl to slooowww down and convince her that she is only a year and a half.. 



She insists on doing EVERY thing by herself and doesn't like to be held or hold anyone's hand..


And then we end up with accidents like this.. (Side note: This was partially my fault. She fell when I was trying to take her picture.. And I am STILL sick to my stomach about it. Lesson learned. Put down the camera, Mama..)



6. What I'm working on...
Packing all the boxes!! We packed 13 boxes last weekend!! We didn't intend on doing that much, but we needed to take apart the book shelf to have somewhere to store the boxes..We are excited to get the ball rolling! And Maddie is loving having some extra TA DA stages!



7. What I'm excited about...
AJ got his FIRST first author paper published!! We had to break out the bubbly, because this was a loonngg time coming! So stinkin proud of him and how fast he has whipped this PhD out! 




8. What I'm watching/reading...
Southern Charm! It's the only reality show AJ will actually watch with me, ha.

And Designated Survivor.. SO GOOD.

And then all my other usual suspects.. Grey's Anatomy, Scandal, Teen Mom. I can get about an hour of TV in at night after Maddie is in bed and before I fall asleep. And man oh man do I love that me-time with a face mask and a glass of wine.


9. What I'm listening to...
With my insanely long commutes, I have been listening to Podcast to pass the time. I listened to a three part one called Making Oprah that was SO good. (Surely I wasn't the only 12 year old that religiously watched Oprah, right?? Man I miss her.)


And now I have started on Ted Talks. The first one I listened to yesterday was on Big Data (aka my husbands life) and it was so interesting! I was really doing it to just be a cool wife and impress AJ with some facts, but I got really into it! One Ted Talk and I already feel like my IQ has gone up a couple points, haha! 



10. What I'm wearing...
I have not done a very good job at taking outfit pictures this month.. But I am enjoying my new company's dress code! TLDR, it doesn't exist. So I am rocking allllll the jeans. And pretty much every top I wear is from Old Navy. They have some seriously good stuff right now. 




11. What I'm doing this weekend...
Hanging out with my two favorite people!! We have four weekends left to check off our California bucket list!


So several more new restaurants to try, hitting up our favorites one more time, the zoo, the aquarium, and dipping our feet back in the pacific a couple more times :) 



12. What I'm looking forward to next month... 
Did I mention we are moving?!? Because WE ARE. We still haven't quite decided on a house, but we are looking like crazy. We will most likely end up in Woodstock, close to my new job in Kennesaw. We have our agent Brenna videoing houses almost daily, and hope to have something squared away soon. SO READY TO GO HOME!!!

XOXO, 

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment