In Decorating Father's Day Maddie Jane

AJ's FIRST Father's Day

Thankfully, we got home from Georgia on Saturday night so we were able to spend all of Sunday at home for AJ's first Father's Day! 

I had contemplated buying him a new Keurig for Father's Day, but talked myself out of it.. Ours was almost 10 years old and was working okay, and I thought we could get a little more out of it.. And on cue, I went to make a cup Sunday morning, and it didn't work! So I ordered one from Target and sent AJ to go pick up his second gift, ha! 


And our new rug too!! We have been on the search for a new rug with Maddie Jane almost mobile. Ours was so old and refused to come clean.. I found this one at Target for $120!! I'm so obsessed with this print.. you can find it obnoxiously everywhere in our apartment. 


Maddie Jane and I stayed home while Age ran errands.. Cleaning, unpacking, etc. That little clip in her hair.. I die!! She looks so grown up!! 


We headed to Westwood for sushi and tried out the new hand roll bar, Kazu Nori! It is owned by our favorite place, Sugar Fish.. They only do hand rolls and there is only about 20 seats around a square bar.. Surprisingly we didn't have to wait at all. It was SO good, SO fresh, and a little cheaper than Sugar Fish.. We will absolutely be back!


So incredibly thankful this man is Maddie's Daddy. He is so attentive, caring, and hands on with our girl. It is the best feeling in the world knowing he will be there for her every step of her little life. I sure did pick a good one y'all! 


Post lunch calls for an outfit change after drooling over sushi rice, and a nap! That sweet baby was so happy to be back in her bed and has been sleeping HARD!


We ended such a special day with Daddy snuggles and the NBA finals. And we all had minimal clothes on because it is HOT in LA. I mean we are suffering over here with our little wall unit and 90+ degree heat in our top floor, sun facing apartment. Say a prayer that it cools down ASAP, before I force AJ into moving us into a hotel! 

Related Articles

1 comments:

  1. Ahh, love the outfit :) Glad it fits! So glad he had a great day. Love y'all!

    ReplyDelete