In OOTD Recipes Travel What's Up Wednesday

What's Up Wednesday




The last Wednesday of every month I link up with Mel at The Larson LingoShay at Mix and Match Family, and Sheaffer at Pinterest Told Me To

1. What we're eating this week.. 
BASIL!! Y'all our basil plants are out.of.control. So we have been trying to get creative around here.. 

Saturday: Pan seared cod and these little crostinis .. AJ used a bunch of basil to make pesto (This is WAY out of his character to be so precise.. he knew I would be taking a picture, ha!)



Sunday lunch: BLT! Freshly toasted baguette, heirloom tomato, and homemade pesto mayonnaise - you can give this to me all.summer.long.


Sunday Dinner: Pork chops w/onions and Mexican street corn .. SUCH an awful picture.. I may have taken it about three bites in while watching OITNB.. oops


Monday: Angel hair pasta with steak and pesto.. tired of basil yet? Yeah me too.


Tuesday: Macaroni & Cheese with broccoli and tomatoes. Found this recipe in Food Network Magazine.. fun twist on a classic, and hearty enough to be a main dish! 


Wednesday: Shrimp fajitas with mushrooms and corn.. I always take pictures of recipes while I'm flipping through magazines. It's an easy reminder and I don't have to go search it down online to put on Pinterest. 


And Thursday AJ is on his own because I have a work event and Friday our kitchen is closed!! That's enough cooking for one week! 


2. What I'm reminiscing about..
Last 4th of July with this cute little bump :)



3. What I'm loving...
Our healthy girl! We had her 6 month check up (three weeks late) last week. She is still pretty tiny, but growing proportionately from where she started! 


Height: 25.5=2" (11%)
Weight: 14 lb 9.4 oz (14%)
Head: 17.09" (72%) 
Sorry girl, you get that melon from your Mama! 


My how doctor's appointments have changed! Use to be a sleeping baby.. now we are saying every.five.seconds. "Maddie Jane, don't put that in your mouth!"



4. What we've been up to...
A little brunching with Auntie Devri.. 


Story time with Daddy.. 


And Mama working from home a day or two trying to beat this awful cold we perpetually pass around our house.. 



5. What I'm dreading...
Our power bill!! Holy, moly it is HOT. Usually it doesn't get this hot in LA until August/September. It is going to be a long, expensive summer. Our pitiful wall unit is putting in some WORK!


Fortunately it is cooler in the mornings, and we get in some fun times like this :) 



6. What I'm working on...
Helping Maddie with her fine motor skills. She is doing such a great job picking things up! (Especially when said things are yummy treats :))



7. What I'm excited about...
Our pediatrician gave us the go ahead to try Maddie on a different formula. Usually kids grow out of milk allergies, so we got the green light to give it a try! And thank the sweet Lord, baby Jesus - we are stinky, expensive formula FREE!!

We went from this.. costing us $11 a DAY. 

To this.. coming in at around $4 a day!!! 


BEYOND excited for the change.. SO happy we don't have to constantly worry about dairy products around our girl, we are saving money BIG TIME, and we don't have to constantly worry about having a fridge/freezer pack everywhere we go! 


8. What I'm watching/reading...
I'm sitll hanging with this girl every Monday night.. NO clue who she is going to pick! 




AJ and I started back on this train.. Much better than last season


And I have picked up this book to read three, maybe four times and just cannot get into it. It has rave reviews so I am going to try ONE more time, but I might have to just move on to the new one by my favorite author - Mary Kay Andrews :) 




9. What I'm listening to...
Thinking about football season with this song on repeat..


  
10. What I'm wearing...
Between Memorial Day and 4th of July, I feel the NEED to get my red, white and blue on!! Here are some fun things I have been wearing embarrassingly a LOT lately.. 

This skirt is from JCrew factory that I picked up at the outlet in GA.

Pants AND shirt from JCrew Factory. And of course I can't find any of it online.. 



And this cute dress is a super old purchase from Ross.. I get compliments on it every.single.time. I wear it.. and it cost $14! Wam, Bam, Thank You Ma'am.



11. What I'm doing this weekend... 
Drinking a lot of these on my balcony thanks to our blooming mint plants :) We still haven't figured out what we are doing for the holiday weekend! We have never been in LA during the 4th, so not quite sure what to get into.. A whole bunch of nothing is just fine with me!! 



12. What I'm looking forward to next month...
July is so easy going compared to our May and June and I am SO HAPPY. A bunch of lazy weekends filled with the beach and pool! 


I know I left some numbers out, but man oh man these posts take a lot!! And I have to start on a whole other one to post tomorrow for baby girl's SEVEN MONTHS update. Where do all the hours and days go!?!? 
  
XOXO, 

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment