In Maddie Jane Travel

Georgia Trip - Part 2

And so the Georgia trip continues... 

My sweet Granddaddy with Maddie Jane. Him spending some one on one time with my little girl means the WORLD to me, and I will treasure this picture for years to come!


Friday night we headed to Atlanta to see some friends and family before AJ's flight back home. Auntie Kell came to see us (didn't get a picture, ahh!!) and MJ met her Gramps (again no picture.. such a fail for this Mama!!) We had an amazing suite at the Marriott in Midtown and Maddie girl "saw" her first snow!! 


While we were in Atlanta, we were able to get together with several of AJ's fraternity brothers and their wives/fiancés/girlfriends. 


These people.. I met majority of them my sophomore year in college. I never would have guessed these bunch of Fiji's and their formal dates would turn into my lifelong friends. We have navigated beer pong tables and hand grenades in New Orleans to black tie weddings and having babies (well I have had a baby.. I am trying SO hard to get some of these girls on that Mom train with me!!) I would give the WORLD to do life with them every day and sure hope that becomes a realty in 16 or so months... 


Saturday morning after Daddy headed to the airport Maddie J and I met up with Auntie J for brunch. Love, LOVE this lady and so incredibly thankful for the friendships I am able to keep across 2000 miles. 


When we got back to Sandersville, we headed to Miss Sadie's 1st birthday party!


Gigi got in some lovin! 


And Sadie girl had a ball chowing down on her cake. LOVE that sweet baby!! 


SundayAunt Kit Kat and Aunt Loulie came over to meet my girl. I started keeping them when I was just 14 years old.. we spent summers together, took tons of trips to Hilton Head, had over night slumbers on school nights when their parents were away.. and now I consider them way more than kids I babysat, or even little sisters, they are truly my friends. Love them so much and SO proud at the amazing ladies they have turned into. 


We had one last trip over to Aunt Amber's and Uncle Bubba's house before we left. And my sweet Kylee Kate got to hold "Ma Jane" 


Uncle Bubba got the baby fever.. 


This nugget showed off her big girl panties.. 


And Papa and MJ took a little snooze...


Our Georgia trip was cut short when AJ's business trip was canceled and I decided to head back to California to have our family together. It was a tough decision to leave our family and friends early... but poor Maddie was worn out from all the going! After all, for most of the first 8 weeks of her life it was pretty much just the three of us. Not to mention, I didn't want to parent alone if I didn't have to!! It's bittersweet being back in LA, missing everyone SO much, but happy to be back in our routine in our little home. 

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment