In Maddie Jane Travel

Georgia Trip - Part 1

Maddie Jane's first big plane ride happened at 6 weeks! Aunt Paige had a trip already planned to LA, so we planned our trip back home around hers so I would have some help on the plane. 


We LOVE having Auntie Paige in California. She is the BEST house guest. She doesn't care what we do or where we eat AND she gets up at 5am to help with Princess Maddie. 


Getting through security was the hardest part of the trip. They made us take the carseat and stroller apart, take MJ out of the carseat (of course she was soundly sleeping and this caused screaming), they then went through all of my milk and tested it.. and THEN had to pat someone down because I would not let them open my unopened milk.. NO WAY I could have done it without her. Oh TSA you never cease to amuse me.. 


Once we were on the plane it was smooth sailing. I timed her feeding to happen right at take off so we had no issues with her ears popping. She snoozed peacefully the entire flight, only to wake up and eat again at the three hour mark. Mama was relaxed drinking a glass of wine and watching The Intern! 

Getting the seats right behind first class is now a MUST traveling with her. It made life so much easier having the extra leg room and freedom of not interrupting anyone in front of us. 


Mom was waiting at the top of the escalator and surprised us by bringing along Amanda! We were SO excited to finally get our girl on Southern ground! 


The next day the visitors started pouring in to meet our girl. Cousin Tyler is one of Maddie's favorites! I think she likes his squishy-ness :) 


We are staying at my Grandma's house during these three weeks. She is so in love and has been a God send helping me out!! 


We headed out to Katie's one night last week to meet her and Mick. SO much joy having our babies together. I couldn't do motherhood without our constant texting going on. So blessed having her on this journey with me! 


And Mick wanted to get his hands on his girlfriend so badly!! By our next visit, I'm sure she will be able to keep up with him! He is on the MOVE.


Thursday and Friday we headed to Forsyth to stay with the Turners. These boys were SO attentive to Maddie. Love their sweet little caring hearts so much!! 


Look at that smile!! Peyton was willing to help out with anything! He cleaned the whole house in anticipation for Maddie and was right beside me with every feeding and diaper change. 


Friday Amanda and I ventured up to Locust Grove to do some shopping at the outlets. I have not been getting out of the house much for extended periods of time, so I'm having to get creative on the warming bottles front.. 


I grabbed AJ from the airport Saturday morning and of course our first stop in Sandersville was the Dairy Lane. Can't wait for this nugget to experience the good stuff! 


Auntie Laurie came all the way from Alabama to meet MJ! So blessed to have so many sweet friends in my life!! 


All of us grandkids learned to drive on Grandma's driveway. And the training starts when you're pretty young sitting in your mom's lap! I cannot even imagine Maddie being big enough to do this!! 



Saturday night we had an oyster roast. I waited a longggg 9 months to get my hands on some yummy oysters!! Maddie hung out a little bit until it got too chilly outside. 


Love this family of mine and a simple Saturday night! 



CJ and Carrot :) 


LOVE this man. Parenting was HARD without him here. A few days away makes you really realize how much you need someone!! 


Sunday we had our first photoshoot with Kasie Tanner. She is AMAZING. She is so good with babies, totally understanding of miss thang's temper tantrums, and makes sure to get every single detail. I cannot wait to get the pictures!! 


Sunday night we went to dinner with my Dad's side of the family. Big cousin Ridley could not wait to get her hands on MJ! Isn't this the sweetest!? 


Auntie Bev and Ben came and saw us on Monday!! This little girl is SO loved by SO many people. Would give anything for her to get this much lovin all the time! 


And now we need a few days to just snooze... 

Related Articles

2 comments: