In Family Girlfriends Travel

Quick Trip - Phoenix and LA


Hey! Hi! I am back from my month long unintentional hiatus from blogging. With a toddler, a household to take care of, a part time job, a jewelry business, 578 things on our social calendar and housing a large baby in my womb well... blogging hasn't been very high on the To Do list. But man I love having this little scrapbook of our life, so I am about to knock out SIX posts - I have them scheduled to publish every day from now till Wednesday, so strap in! 


Back at the beginning of April, Mom and I flew to Arizona for Ryan's Bar Mitzvah. When I went a few years ago for Hayden's, I had Maddie Jane with me, so I missed a large part of the ceremony. It was so cool to actually get to listen and really soak in Ryan's... he did an AMAZING job. He is so well spoken and didn't miss a beat singing the Hebrew prayers. 


After the service, we headed home to set up for the party. Well... a large part of it was already done, but we decorated, organized, and got ready for the 100+ guests that were expected to invade Clint and Denise's backyard. 


They used their backyard for Hayden's and it went so well... they decided to do it again! I was in charge of the balloon arch - pretty proud of it! 


First time deputing my earrings! Man I have a lot to say and show about my earrings.. but that's a post for another week, ha!






The weather was GREAT! The sky was gorgeous, and everyone had such an amazing time! I miiiight have snuck in around 9pm to go to bed because #pregnant and #ihada6amflight. 


Love this Mama of  mine so much! We don't get to travel often just the two of us, but it sure does my soul good when we do. And holy cow we look like twins in this pic! 


Best part of the party - def the photo booth!! 
Everyone in the house was sleeping when I dipped out and grabbed an Uber to the airport. I caught the earliest flight to LA to see my bestie Kelsey! I figured I was THIS close to the west coast, it would be a shame to not just hop on over to her!


She grabbed me from the airport and we set out to do all things LA. First up acai bowls! 


And avocado toast. And of course getting that perfect pic for the gram. 


After breakfast, we headed up to Malibu for a hike neither Kelsey nor I had done. We use to hike in LA all.the.time. and it's def one of the things I miss most about the west coast. 


Kelsey thankfully picked a pretty easy hike with only one large incline. It was SO exhilarating doing a 4 mile hike at 7 months pregnant. I felt like a total bad ass, not gonna lie. 


There are so many mountains and valleys that you can get to from LA in under 20 minutes and it totally feel like you are 100s of miles from the city. 


After that hike, we headed over to the Century City Mall right by my old apartment. They were doing renovations as we were leaving and of course now it is AMAZING. Seriously, the best mall I have ever been in. I had this gigantic sandwich from Richard Blais' restaurant The Crack Shack.


That afternoon we vegged out on the couch, binge watched The Act, and ordered sushi for dinner. It was sooooo good to spend some quality time with my California bestie. Sometimes you make friends that will stay with you a lifetime.. Kelsey is one of those :) 


Meanwhile back at home, Honey and AJ held down the fort with Maddie Jane's social calendar and my to do list :) They wrapped up the soccer season, went on an Easter egg hunt, strung lights on the back deck, put mulch in the flower beds, and planted flowers in all my planters! Isn't it so nice to have a mother in law to come in to help with your kiddo AND get all that done!? She's a gem I tell ya.


And these two surprised me at the airport! I missed them so stinkin much and I was so happy to be back home!! See you back here tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day, and the next :) 

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment